- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Economics for Business Paperback – 25 Mar 2004
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The third edition of this highly successful textbook is direct and readable, with a firm focus on applying economic principles to the real world of business. It has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect current issues and is therefore ideal for a first course in economics taking a business perspective.
- Contains a wealth of applied material and case studies which demonstrate how economics can be used to understand real business situations.
- Covers all the major topics of economics, as well as several specialist business chapters and sections.
- Provides a balanced coverage of microeconomic, macroeconomic and international economic issues.
- 'FT Reports' throughout which include articles from the Financial Times examining topical news stories.
- A range of pedagogical features to aid learning, including review questions and a web appendix.
New to this edition
- Use of icons throughout to highlight and explain key ideas.
- 'Pause for thought' questions integrated throughout encourage reflective learning. Answers are on the Companion Website.
- New chapter on strategic management and a new section on globalisation.
- Extensive web references which can be hotlinked from the book’s excellent Companion Website.
This textbook is accompanied by an outstanding Companion Website, full of resources for students. These include: multiple-choice questions for each chapter; monthly updated links to news articles, with questions and commentary; hotlinks to related websites; case studies referenced in the main text; and answers to questions in the text.
About the authors
John Sloman lectures in the School of Economics at the University of the West of England. He is also Director of the Economics Subject Centre of the UK government-funded Learning and Teaching Support Network (LTSN) for higher education. Economics LTSN is based at the University of Bristol.
Mark Sutcliffe is based at Bristol Business School at the University of the West of England and has many years of experience teaching economics to business studies students.
About the Author
John Sloman is Director of the Economics Network, the economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy. Economics Network is based at the University of Bristol. John is also Visiting Professor at the University of West of England, Bristol
Kevin Hinde is Senior Teaching Fellow in the School of Economics, Finance, and Business at the University of Durham.
Dean Garratt is Senior Lecturer in Economics at Nottingham Trent University.--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top customer reviews
As someone on a distance learning MBA, the use of applied case studies make it very relevant. All the exercises make it easy for tutors to recommend
The CD ROM is worth the cost of the book alone
Overall an excellent choice for people new to the area of business economics.