- Also check our best rated Dehumidifier reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
EcoAir DD322 Classic Desiccant Dehumidifier, 10 L
|Price:||£226.16 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£23.80 (10%)|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The EcoAir DD322 Classic Desiccant features a moisture removal rate of 10 litres per day.
1 x Ecoair DD322FW Classic Dehumidifier
1 x continuous drainage pipe
From the manufacturer
EcoAir DD3 Classic Desiccant Dehumidifier
DD3 Classic is a desiccant dehumidifier designed for domestic and office. It protects your home and office by controlling your indoor humidity to help control bacteria from thriving. High humidity in the air causes bacteria to breed resulting in mould and mildew which aggravate breathing difficulties and allergies. The DD3 Classic extracts up to 10 L/day (1 degree Celsius, 60 per cent RH) very efficiently. The purpose of a dehumidifier is to remove the excess moisture in the air by detecting the humidity level in the room. By keeping humidity within recommended levels, a dehumidifier combats household damp, mould and mildew. It can help to reduce the symptoms of asthma and allergies. It helps to dry laundry indoors and control moisture-based damage to valuable belongings and furniture (such as the aftermath of flooding, leaks or rising damp).
DD3 Classic Features
The DD3 Classic has an electronic control panel offering three settings - Auto, Economy and High. Select Auto or Economy mode to control humidity to a comfortable level where bacteria cannot thrive for everyday use (less than 60 per cent) and High only for rapid dehumidification to quickly bring down damp problems rather than everyday use. There are two Laundry settings TURBO and NORMAL for drying laundry. Timer arrangements (2, 4 and 8 Hour Timer), four Automatic Louvre Swing options. The DD3 Classic is equipped with the Tilt over safety protection where it will power off when the unit tilts over to avoid hazard. It also has an Auto-Restart function, which enables the dehumidifier to switch back on in case of power cut during operation. It will switch back on to the setting it was last in use before the power cut.
E7 Energy Saver Technology
The DD3 Classic features the E7 Technology using multiple algorithms that operate in parallel to manage power, temperature and humidity to optimise performance. It senses the ambient temperature, humidity level and automatically toggles between full power, economy power and standby modes. The advantages are:
(1) Reduces energy consumption.
(2) Overdry Protection – when humidity is too low, it can cause dry skin, discomfort and damage to property and furniture.
(3) Continuous Auto Sensor and Fan – continuously keep air circulating and level of humidity level throughout the room to minimise unnecessary power consumption. The DD3 runs at 400 W per hour on economy mode, very energy efficient. Unlike a compressor dehumidifier that runs at a single mode, the DD3 has additional High and Turbo Modes that allows you to double that extraction rate to reduce the time required to bring the humidity to a safe level. This Turbo power only consumes 700 W (an extra 340 W for double power). It is recommended that you position the dehumidifier in the room with the highest humidity level to control the humidity. You will have to empty the tank regularly in the first few days and once the humidity is controlled there will be less water to empty just switch the dry mode to Auto or Economy setting. With the E7 Energy Saver Technology, you will be sure that the power consumption is well under control.
Desiccant Versus Compressor
Desiccant dehumidifier does not use a compressor nor gas refrigerant. Without a compressor, the DD3 Classic is quieter and lighter. The desiccant dehumidifier is extremely energy efficient in colder climates (from 1 degree Celsius). The DD3 Classic has a constant efficiency in extracting moisture between 1 degree Celsius to 40 degree Celsius which is not the case with a compressor dehumidifier. The DD3 Classic uses a desiccant rotor technology that has been proven to be more energy efficient than the refrigerant type in industrial dehumidification for decades. The air expelled from the DD3 Classic is warmer than the ambient air, this air is warm dry air which is much quicker to heat up or cool, this in turn results in energy saving when you need to heat or cool the room to a desired temperature level. Desiccant dehumidifiers will emit a desiccant smell during the initial use, this is normal and harmless and it should go away after a week or two.
The warmer the air, the more moisture the air can hold than colder air. So, when the air inside the house becomes colder, the moisture contents in the air becomes saturated and gets heavier resulting in moisture concentration on the coldest parts of the house particularly on windows, bathroom mirrors and walls. This is condensation, caused by a sudden increase in humidity through cooking, showers, drying clothes, inadequate ventilation or poor thermal insulation. Condensation may not disappear instantly even with a dehumidifier on, you can help speed up by channelling the air from the dehumidifier directly towards the condensation area. Where excessive condensation appears say on your windows, you may want to open your windows to expel the excess humidity for several minutes. It will take a while for the condensation to generally increase the humidity in the air in the room, which will be tackled by the dehumidifier depending on the setting you choose.
Easy Carry Handle
Portability is an important consideration when purchasing a dehumidifier. You may want to move the dehumidifier from room to room. Whilst the the DD3 Classic lightweight at 7.8 kg, it is equipped with a collapsible carry handle to make portability more manageable.
Continuous Hose (Optional)
You may wish to run your DD3 with a hose attached so that there is no need to empty the water tank. A 1 M hose is provided with your DD3 Classic. You need to remove the rubber plug at the back of the dehumidifier and pass the hose through from the back to the front and connect to the water tank. This will enable the water to drip through the hose to a drain or sink. Do keep the rubber plug in a safe place in case you need to use the water tank in future as you will need to put the rubber plug back on.
Tank With Lid and Carry Handle
The DD3 Classic has a 3.5 L tank. The tank is positioned at the bottom front of the dehumidifier like a drawer. This is designed as such so that there is no need to move the dehumidifier when removing the tank to empty. There is a lid covering the tank to avoid spillage and a carry handle for ease of carrying. To empty the tank, remove the lid as you would do with a food container and once tank is emptied, replace the lid with the carry handle positioned through the hole and folded down before inserting into the dehumidifier.
|EcoAir DD1 Mini Compact Desiccant Dehumidifier||EcoAir DD1 Classic MK5 Desiccant Dehumidifier||EcoAir DD1 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier||EcoAir DD3 Classic Desiccant Dehumidifier||EcoAir DD3 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier||EcoAir DD128 Desiccant Dehumidifier|
|2/4/8 hour timer||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Noise level dB(A)||32||34||34||42||36||35|
|Operating temperature (°C)||1 to 40||1 to 40||1 to 35||1 to 40||1 to 35||1 to 40|
|Moisture removal (L/Day)||6||7||7||10||10||8|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
DON'T turn them on and off with a time-switch, you have to turn them off with the off button which allows the heater element to cool down before the fan cuts out. If you repeatedly cut the power at the socket, the heater element will burn out. Extracts about 25L of water a week in my garage. Built in humidistat allows it to cut on and off as required, mostly with the fan running on low when `off` to circulate the air.
Have tried many others, including refrigerant types, and this knocks the socks off them all, even a £4k swimming pool one I tried once.
Buy this one !
NM, Chartered Engineer.
Photo shows it draining into a 50L plastic tub (which *is* nearly full), have to empty about every fortnight.
it is Slimline, looks good & the fan feature works well.
I tend to run full speed for a few hours each evening when it is damp or i am showering or trying to dry clothes.
A rather damp suffering 2 bedroom flat, if in a house you might need one on each floor.
So, it arrived within 48 hours and I immediately put it to wrok in a bedroom that has been suffering from mildew despite spending a fortune on chemical de-humidifiers. Well, in 4 hours it extracted 2 litres of water with the room at about 16C then overnight it removed another 1.5 litres.
I have been using it for 8 hours each night ever since, often in the hallway with most of the doors open, and the RH now stays at about 60% throughout (peaks in the main bedroom overnight but then drops back quite quickly in the morning). The unit extracts far more water than I ever expected and just shows how we understimate the problem. I am sure that my mildew days are over.
1. It is very light and easy to move about
2. The auto shut-off works a treat and the container is easy to empty and has a lid to stop spillage on the way to the sink
3. I use auto mode and when it is extracting at the maximum rate the noise is about the same as a small fan heater then, as soon as the RH has dropped, the fan slows down to a very quiet level. I equate the sound vaguely with waves breaking on a shore. I have the unit outside the bedroom door at night with the door partially open ands the noise, even at the higher level, does not bother me at all or prevent me from sleeping.
4. Many reviewers of desiccant models, from various manufacturers, make comment or even complain about the smell when they are running either in the short termor, in some cases, forever. My experience so far is that there was a slight smell, like damp washing, for the first two days and then nothing ever since.
So, after 8 days of operation I am totally delighted with my purchase and wish I had bought one a long time ago. I certainly would recommend it to anyone.
If things change and I have any issues then I will update this review accordingly.
This product is fantastic however it has just stopped working/ it tries to work but then cuts out. The fan is blowing but the tray isn't filling up! Anyone have an ideas for me to fix? Used for three years a lot. Always looked after it too x
Posted this in Nov 2014:
I spent ages reading reviews and deciding on which one to buy. This product is excellent, we can have it in the hallway and it works for the whole house. The laundry setting is amazing too! And my daughter can sleep through the noise when it's near her room at night! Result!
- It can be difficult to remove without causing spillage.
- Its very wide but not very tall, causing the water (and thus weight) to move around, this makes carrying it with the handle very hard unless you want water everywhere.
- The draw is very hard to put back in the machine, there appears to be a mechanism to stop water coming out while the draw isn't in place which is great, but it means you have to be very precise when putting it back.
The smaller version of the machine has none of these problems.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category