- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1673 KB
- Print Length: 43 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01EKCKMHY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #555,381 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Echoes of Earth: A Dystopian Post Apocalyptic Novel (Prequel to the Exilon 5 Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This book was my first exposure to the Exilon 5 series so my perspective might be different from people who have read the entire series.
I enjoyed this book. It portrayed a picture of Earth in the not-too-distant future that was not easy to read. It was interesting to read about the technology of the future (they have food replicators!).
The best part of this book is the relationship between Bill and Isla. It is a real marriage. They fight, they joke around, they make up, they cajole each other, and they love each other. Most marriages are not portrayed so realistically. They are both intelligent. The gender roles are reversed somewhat as Isla is more ambitious than Bill. Good for her.
The book just gives brief hints of what is happening on Exilon 5. We know there is a problem, but we don't know what is going on. I look forward to finding out.
I read these prequels AFTER I had read and thoroughly enjoyed the Exilon 5 Trilogy, so my perspective is going to be from a person who hungered for a thoroughly fleshed out and lengthy account of Bill and Isla's history together. These characters are genuine and they are fun. I felt that I would want to hang out with them in real life.
Thus, I felt like this short story was too quick and it was not quite a seamless transition into the Exilon 5 series. My expectation going into the read was also not that it was a short story, and perhaps this negatively colors my opinions a bit.
That said, I think Eliza Green is a fabulous writer and my disappointment is simply that I wanted MORE!! I feel like she could have written an entire novel and I would have read it avidly (I did read this prequel avidly, but it was gone in a flash!). Perhaps (hint hint) in a future rendition Ms. Green will elongate this prequel.
For those who have read this and have NOT yet read Exilon 5, I would highly encourage you to do so. It is exceptional, you will really experience the pathos and sadness of Stephen and the Indigenes, as well as the darkness and corruption of the humans still on Earth. The description of her characters is vivid and I felt like I could touch them, and I knew exactly what they looked like, how their living environments looked and smelled. As someone who works in a scientific field, I found this world believable as well.
I would also say that to the reader who begins with this prequel, will likely have a different experience of it, in that they will feel that they have had an "amuse bouche" to wet their appetite, and they will be ready to consume the main courses with relish and STILL be wanting their dessert.
I wait with excitement any sequels beyond the Exilon 5 series, and am hooked in general as an Eliza Green fan. Can't wait for whatever comes next!
Thanks for giving me the chance to both read and review for you Ms. Green :-)
Ok, I required to say that, BUT, I would have read this book anyways!
I first found Becoming Human a few months ago, and it was the first sci-fi exoplanet book. Not typically my type of book, but I loved it!
Echoes of Earth is the first prequel to this series. I'm not typically a fan of big series of books, but this prequel is must. It goes in depth of the back story of Isla and Bill Taggert the situation on Earth that has lead to finding a new Earth.
Whether you have already read any books in the Exilon 5 series, or you want to, I highly recommend Echoes of Earth, perfect to start your adventure or continue it. I'm looking forward to many more amazing works from Eliza Green.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonisation
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptions
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonisation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptations