Size: 10 UK|Colour: White/Brick|Change
Price:£135.96 - £149.99

on 31 May 2012
Just purchased a pair of these Biom 2012 Hybrids in White/Brick for summer play. They come with a spare pair of white laces which I immediately interchanged for the red and they look more "normal" for the course. Sizes are quite normal. If you wear a 43 (9) shoe then the 43 Hybrid is the size for you, and so on (with lightweight golf socks). They have plenty of room in the toe area and have good height in the heel. The Yak leather is very thick but at the same time extremely soft making these the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn (I normally buy FootJoys with which, incidently, I am also very satisfied). These Ecco Bioms are more substantial than I thought and offer plenty of support. While expensive, I am already considering buying a Cocoa pair; I am that impressed!
on 6 June 2013
I've used Footjoy for years but wanted to get some shoes I could use on & off the course as my normal smart casual shoes are nearly worn out & I was thinking I could kill two birds with one stone. My new shoes also needed to look smart, be very well made & most important of all, fit & support my somewhat sensitive feet really well.

Initially, I looked at the Adidas Adicross with the velcro fastening. A really good looking well made shoe which, at around £50, was pretty good value for money. Problem is that they are definitely not ideal for someone with broader feet & tend to be short too. Even at one size larger, they felt tight width wise.

Then I found Ecco & wow, what a difference! To start with, I got a pair of the Biom Hybrids in size 44 (9.5/10) because this shoe is the opposite of Adidas & has a broader fit & very similar to Footjoy. The 44 was very very slightly tight but the high quality yak leather has given a touch making the shoe nigh on perfect. My Footjoys are 44.5 but Ecco don't do half sizes.

Anyway, I was so impressed, I decided to buy a second pair of Ecco but this time I went for the slightly cheaper Street shoe a la Fred Couples. This model fits slightly smaller than the Biom Hybrid shoe & I was advised to go up to a 45. Good advice & an excellent fit. A little tip - although not immediately obvious there are two different quality levels of Street shoe. The top model has a better quality leather for the upper & is also leather lined. My view is that it's worth the extra £15 or so for the better quality version although the cheaper one is fantastic too.

Spending around £250 on 2 pairs of shoes might seem extravagant but actually it isn't. I had two pairs of casual shoes which were wearing out & one of my two pairs of golf shoes were in the same situation. Instead of buying 3 pairs of shoes, I've only bought two & my casual shoe replacements are not only more comfortable & supportive, they're more waterproof too.

On the golf course, the Ecco spikeless system works remarkably well. In fact, I feel as if I'm getting better grip than before, even in the wet. And I don't need to take them off to go in the clubhouse. That grip is also noticeable in my off course as I've used my Eccos to go up & down a steep hill to the shops, have a multi activity gym session & a long table tennis session. As the soles are flat, I'm even allowed on my local bowling green.

The only situation you couldn't really wear them for is any kind of 'posh do' as they are fundamentally, casual shoes. But my old ones will now last for those rare occasions when I need to be a bit smarter.

A final point. This footwear concept isn't new. I was wearing spikeless on/off course shoes in the 1960's!!
on 10 May 2012
I received the product very quickly and have played several rounds in them......out with the old, in with the new: in summertime, leave the traditional shoes in the garage and get some of these. The times are a-changin'
on 13 March 2013
Worn 8x now in the muddiest, coldest conditions and they have been excellent. The bellows tongue has kept out water and mud over 3" deep and,with use of the air-hose and a damp cloth,I have worn them in the clubhouse,after play,with dry and warm feet: amazing. Grip, on all surfaces, is better than studs. I bought my last pair of Ecco shoes back in the early 80's and they lasted, with daily use 20 years and I hope to carried off the golf course in 20 years time wearing these!
on 4 October 2014
A little wary of buying shoes on line but having successfully bough one pair of Eccos, thought I'd take the plunge with a second pair.
Very glad I did - these are amazing - fit like a glove ! - so comfortable & with great grip: wore them for the first time yesterday after a wet night, and no sign of moisture ingress. Also my two colleagues brushed their shoes off after the round prior to getting in the car, as I was intending, only to find the soles were as clean as a whistle !...........never expected that - another plus.

OK, they're not cheap, but as someone else said, you only get what you pay for - previously I had two pairs in four years - a Footjoys & a Dunlop, both of which were very poor in all respects when compared to the Ecco - Buy 'em !!!
on 14 October 2012
Why did I not buy Echo golf shoes in the first place, I have been wearing Echo shoes for travelling for years and they are fantastic, now I have a pair of Echo Golf shoes as well and they feel like slippers, fantastic, no difference to the Golf, but at least my feet feel better.
on 28 November 2012
I had heard about Ecco but never tried them before as paying more than £140 for a pair of golf shoes seemed ridiculous. However I am now converted and looking at other Ecco shoes.
I can really recommend them to anyone who has sore feet or uncomfortable shoes. High quality, smart, and hard wearing.
on 3 August 2014
Good product though found to be a little on the small side. Had contacted Ecco direct for advice on fit as I have severe over pronation. This is what was recommended. Was expecting a strongly 'wedged' or filled instep area (like a Brooks Beast trainer) but this is not the case. Going to give then a go as there simply are no other golf shoe products I could find out there.
on 8 November 2014
This is not my first pair and they are as good as ever. I took one star off because mine turned out to be the latest model which has the suede covering on the toe when the photos showed the older design with normal leather toe cap. I specifically wanted the older model as I think it looks less like a trainer. In the end it wasn't worth sending back. Otherwise all is good.
on 22 April 2014
I think these are probably the comfiest golf shoe ive had...the sizing seems a little on the small size at first, but after 3 rounds of golf the beautiful soft leather has given a bit giving a snug fit. I was worried about the dimples grip but I have to say they seem better than normal golf grips even in the wet....will buy these again for sure.

See one answered question