on 28 August 2007
I wasn't looking for a diet book, rather a book with simple recipes ideas in, that would also give portion sizes. This book is exactly what I was looking for! There are 40 different breakfasts, mains and lunches and ideas for snacks 3 times a day as well! It is a really balanced approach and contains a little bit of everthing (including chocolate, custard and crisps) so that you don't even notice that you're losing weight. A great find.
on 1 April 2009
Eat All Day Diet: Eat 6 Meals a Day and Lose Weight Fast
I found this book at a reduced price in the Poat Office. I have been overweight for years, and have tried for years to loose weight, but always got too hungry. Now this method allowed me to eat delicious food every 2/3 hours, with reduced portion sizes. I have been at it since last summer (8 months) Even though I cheat from time to time I have lost 2 1/2 stone. Now I shall continue on the recommended 2000 calories a day to maintain my weight, but stick to the 6 times a day rule - 3 meals and 3 snacks in between.
I hyaqve become positively evangelical about this method, and am buying it for all my friends.
on 30 April 2012
What a great book! After years of trying to lose weight on various diets and my own inventions I just got sick of trying. I came across this randomly having bought a couple other of Helen Fosters books (which are excellent!) and decided to give it go. (Never say die I say). The theory of keeping your metabolism going, to burn off fat is simple and effective by eating 3 meals and 3 snacks throught the day. It's also encouraged me to choose the healthy options which I am delighted to say has expanded my food repetoire, and I can also say my diet has never been so varied. I do get marginally hungry at times, but I'm still in 'big portion' mode and I know that will pass. It's re-educating me to healthful portion size which can only be good. Loads of info, pics, recipes, ideas and well worth the money. I use it in conjuction with my app phone using My Fitness Pal to log everything and in and the first week I lost 8 pounds and I was only just over my BMI to start with at 12 stone and 5'8". (I did manage to keep under the calorie limit though so that contributed). I weigh everything and use the app to determine calories in things if they're not in the book as an option. That's one of the great things too - you can create whatever foods you want - just stick to the calorie guidance and times and your onto a winner! Couldn't recommend it highly enough - for me anyway. Well done Helen!
on 6 January 2011
I had read that eating little and often helps a person lose weight by keeping blood sugar levels stable.

There are plenty of choices for each of the 6 meals listed (around 50 each) although I found that in a lot of them there were foods that I didnt like but could easily exchange them for something else. The book explains why eating this way is beneficial although I would have liked to have seen more foods that were portable as things like rice cakes and houmous are not always convenient when have meetings to attend and there wasnt really any suggestions for eating out which I do a few times a week.

A good book to refer to for ideas though
on 18 August 2013
I bought this as a prezzie for a work colleague who was delighted with it, She needs to loose weight. Good book if she can stick to what it is telling you. It is what it says eat all day and loose weight. Fast efficient service and good condition too. Fab.
on 14 March 2014
I was disappointed with the book. I borrowed one from a friend before I ordered and hers was much better, whether the publishers had reprinted a newer version and this was it I don't know but it is not as easy to follow as my friends copy.
on 25 June 2015
Everything I expected it to be. Has easy recipes which don't include expensive ingredients. A few pages of useful introduction and then over 100 pages of low calorie meals divided into breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack. Each page has useful tips to help you on your way. Really looking forward to getting started.
on 12 March 2011
On Boxing Day 2010 I weighed 15st 8lbs. As of 12th of March 2011 I weight 13st 1 lb. I never felt hungry, had a good Sunday Roast every Sunday and the odd treat along the way. I still have a wee glass of vino every night and am still losing 2-3 lbs per week with very little effort. For me, my life and my work, it works a treat. I still intend to eat like this for the rest of my life but have a few more treats now I am near my target weight - good luck. I think this way of eating is fantastic!
on 5 November 2014
Not bad, but the suggestions include a lot of processed food!!
on 7 January 2016
Think it is a really good book and realistic