Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 27 August 2014
I honestly can't remember the last time I left a review on an Amazon product. I buy a lot of things from Amazon, and...I'm lazy.

But THIS.

This is one of those things that I just -can't- understand why every single person does not have one of these. Why the heck haven't these caught on yet? You - yes, YOU - if you haven't got one of these, why the hell not??

If you have a smartphone you know all too well that scenario when you're out and about and OH LOOK, the battery has somehow depleted itself since you charged it that morning and you don't know when you'll next be home to charge it up. Cue - THIS THING. I bought it for a festival after remembering that portable chargers existed, but expecting gimmick-y solar-powered things. Not so! This charger is small, sleek, elegantly designed and comes in my favourite colour (orange) - ladies, it will definitely fit in your handbags and guys - possibly your pockets. It kept my phone going all weekend at the festival - and although I haven't conducted a proper test of how much it can charge, it managed a full charge from complete depletion to 100%, charged up a friend's phone to couple bars at the festival, then I got two more charges out of it from under 30% to about 70-80%. It's definitely worth getting this capacity rather than the one below, which is what I was considering first. It just seems to last forever. It feels like some kinda life hack, and means I don't have to pay extortionate prices to charge my phone at festivals, or be frugal about my phone usage.

It does take quite a while to charge up, of course - I also found that it charges much quicker if you use the cable(s) that come with it; I was using the USB-micro USB cable that came with my Kindle and that I normally use to charge my phone, but it was taking a bloody long time. Completely worth it though, for the novelty of being able to charge my phone on the go. And it's not just a little boost of charge either - it will charge it all the way up to 100%, like I've said.

Almost everyone who asks me about mine (when I inevitably get it out at gatherings, etc) seem unaware that they exist or assume they're rubbish gimmicks. So I do my best to spread the word on these things, as I'm doing now. One of the best purchases I've ever made, hands down.
on 22 April 2014
Once you get one of these, you'll wonder why you never got one sooner!
Incredibly useful to take out with you wherever you go if you worry about your phone running out of charge.

Very slim, can even be placed in your pocket along with your phone if necessary, though I tend to use it most in my car, or in my locker whilst I'm at work.

As long as you keep the pack charged up and with you, you'll never run out of charge on your phone again!
Can get 2 full charges of my S3 with a standard battery size, leaving a little bit left in the bank.

Comes with 2 cables. One is about a 1.5foot long, whilst the other is just a few inches.
on 4 April 2014
This product is fantastic, not too large for carrying around in your bag, or even in side pocket and will keep you going for days and days and days! You can charge up anything with a USB cable. Fantastic.
on 5 January 2015
Fantastic product. I work in PR and do alot of social networking and promoting at events and therefore using my phone constantly on the go. Bought it to sort me through London Comic-con and it did not let me down! Got me a good few charges throughout each day, used it about 6 times and it still had plenty of battery at the end of the day. Not super fast but charges quicker than you think! Would definitely recommend. I cant go anywhere without it! My saviour! Perfect as well when i forget to charge my phone at work!

Also! Product can last a while til it needs charging again. Really depends how often you plan to use it but i charge mine once a week sometimes 2 weeks!
on 9 February 2014
Always never enough battery when on the go so ordered this works really well!!that good i have ordered another one for a friend !!!!
on 24 November 2014
Can someone help me returning this item?
almost 2 months ago I wrote Amazon for a return, and still no answer (almost 2 months later).

Sadly, a 5000mA power bank that is almost not enough to charge my Galaxy S4 battery?
Must be a bad product,or defective.
on 6 July 2014
works grate
had it about a bout a month and i have only emptied it once on a long weekend when it fully charged my mates old galaxy and my xepera z (i charged my phone twice but only half way). other than that it has helped me out on a number of times
on 29 June 2014
This is really great for when your phone loses battery when your out and about. Although it is quite big it does what its supposed too. The battery of the device itself has a good life to it as well. Would definitely recommend it.
on 10 July 2014
Probably the best external battery out there! Well worth the price! I usually get around 2 and a half full charges from completely flat. Only thing I wish it came with is an iphone 5 cable! But that's not a problem really!
on 5 May 2014
This is my first portable battery. I travel about in London quite a lot and just can't make it through the day on one phone charge. This thing is cheap, has at least 2 phone's worth of charge in it, and charges the phone quite quickly. Small and portable.