on 27 May 2015
I've been using the EasyAcc almost everyday when I travel via train, and it is one of the items I won't leave home without.

It's surprising how quickly your phone can run out of battery when travelling via train, and the EasyAcc always comes into use when travelling to London, as I can guarantee my devices require a top-up at some point. It's got 4 ports in it, so you can charge multiple devices at a time. It also has 4 LEDs to indicate how much battery is left in the device, and a power button to turn it on.

It comes with an auto power off function, so if you remove your devices, the power bank will automatically turn off. I can quite happily get about 4 full recharges of my phone before having to recharge the power bank.

My old issue with it, is that the EasyAcc is slightly on the heavy side, however it is a 12,000mAh battery, and until battery technology changes, I think it will stay this way.
on 1 July 2016
I haven't tested the product details claiming it can claim X number of X devices from a full charge, but it almost never seems to run out. It doesn't get used that often, more for emergencies (or when abroad), but even between uses it maintains its charge.

A bit heavy, but that's entirely to be expected.

One thing to note (and the only reason it's 4 stars instead of 5) is that when charging a phone, for example, it is a 'slow charge'. So it'll get you out of trouble for sure, but it won't charge up your device entirely in one hour.
on 10 July 2014
Doesn't matter how good and powerful your smartphone is ..when the battery dies...they become a paperweight. So I have decided to invest in good external battery. After doing a research a little bit, I found out there are quite a lot of different ones in the markets. I narrow it down to two which is Anker and EasyAcc because they are the most reputable brands and value for money. This 120000mah monster was purchased hoping this is it. That's all I need. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros.
1. well made and nice design
2. come with carrying pouch
3. good selection of charging head. (unusual because rivals don't come with one)
4. four usb ports instead of 2 or 3.
5. charge my S5 pretty fast

Cons.
1. quite heavy. Probably the same weight as three or four S5 stuck together
2. quite large. Again probably bigger than portable 2.5inches external hard drive these days
3. due to its size and weight, you will find it difficult to carry it in trouser pocket
4. sadly it only charges my phone from 10% to 100% twice. I was hoping more due to its extra high capacity
5. does not have build in torch light (not a big problem but it might be useful)
on 4 September 2013
Nowadays we have so many gadgets and they all have so much power and so many functions that the chances are that unless you're near a charging outlet often, something will be running flat. Whilst phone batteries are usually in the region of 1500 to 2500 mAh, I wanted something that would charge a few gadgets and something that would do it quickly.

This power pack has a huge capacity of 12000mAh, meaning that in theory, you could charge a mobile phone from empty to full approximately 6 times. In practice, nothing is 100% efficient and when it comes to power packs, the actual capacity is also often less than what is stated. Despite this, I have achieved 5 full charges of my Galaxy S3 from my power pack.

Another thing I like about this is the fact that over time very little capacity is discharged. Whilst it's best to fully charge it before going away to rely on it, if you have forgotten, this power pack seems to hold its charge well.

It charges quickly with USB ports of various Amperages.

I would say that if you're expecting it to be nice and light and small you're in for a surprise but then that's a physical and chemical restraint based on the properties of matter and a matter best discussed somewhere other than an Amazon review.

If you want piece of mind, you can't go wrong with this.
on 10 September 2013
I bought this just before a family holiday to France - primarily to make sure the kids Tablet computers were always available should we need to entertain them with a film on the journey, but also to keep the grown ups Phone's and Kindles running too.

I tested it at home and used up the almost full charge it arrived with, charging my Sony Xperia T 4 times and my Kindle Touch once. Charging it up took all day, then on holiday we used it to charge one Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7") once and the Xperia T twice, plus my wife's Galaxy Note once. There was still around a quarter of a charge left in the device.

All in all I'm very impressed.

The only weaknesses are cosmetic - I'd prefer a more durable surface, glossy black is going to get very tatty quickly - especially without a carry case. I'm happy to use my phone charger to charge it up (albeit slowly) - but just adding the recommended charger and case (which doesn't get good reviews anyway) practically doubles the price.
on 12 December 2013
This is an excellent product that has worked extremely well when charging my HTC phone, Asus Memo pad, and Blackberry Playbook, and also appears to be more versatile than the offering by Anker because of this (the Anker product specs on their own web site suggested that none of the above devices would be supported or suitable). And because there are four individual ports providing a choice of 'amps' (0.5, 1.0, 1.3, & 2.1) that matches the individual input requirements of the devices to be charged, more than one device can be charged at the same time. For instance when charging my HTC smart via the 5V/1.0 amp port, my Memo 7 tablet or Playbook is plugged into the 5V/2.1 amp port too. I haven't kept tabs on the exact amount of times each of these have been charged before the portable charger has run out, however, but in many respects that is indicative of just how much charge this holds.
on 15 May 2015
Brilliant unit. When full will charge my iPhone a few times, and my iPad mini one or twice too. It does take a long time to charge the unit itself, but I just do it at work ;). With 4 ports it's brilliant to charge multiple toys, or share with a mate.
For me, a really important thing is that it actually holds it's charge amazingly well too. I've filled it to full, left it a month and it's still shown full capacity when I've come to use it.
This isn't a pocket size unit! Its for people who travel with a backpack or laptop bag!
I love it.
on 28 August 2013
I have only recently started using this power bank,but, so far I am very pleased with my purchase. It has a substantial feel to it and, so far, does exactly what it says on the tin. The array of connectors should fit pretty well any device ( I'm using it with an HTC One mobile and an iPad3. Four USB outputs ranging from 0.5A to 2.1A should give power output to charge anything likely to be plugged into it. Great for those occasions when a mains socket just isn't available.
on 29 April 2013
This is an excellent product as a battery backup. But the only drawback it has is that does not come with a charger which means if you use a standard 5W micro USB charger it nearly takes the whole day or even more to charge this unit, since the battery is so massive. I would suggest the manufacturer to make a fast charger for this so that it could be used if its needed more often.
on 12 December 2014
good help travel. it bit heavy box for bag and hand feel heavy. and one day easy travel 5 star. charger is great use two way. one charger wall to full 4 blue led. one usb and when chager mobile for travel, it about long battery.