on 9 August 2013
This is the A3 version, hence called the BIG easy read atlas The A4 version is simply "easy read atlas'. Both are otherwise similar scale, colouring , layout. After buying the A3 version, I think that the A4 is easier to handle, especially while in the car.
Avoid the spiral boundversion as the pages will soon tear out or come loose.
on 31 October 2013
This road atlas lives up to the claim on its cover. It is large scale and is very clearly laid out, facilitating straightforward journey planning. A pleasure to use. It would have attracted 5 stars from me but the quality of the paper is not quite so good as the contents.
on 12 November 2013
Many of us use our SatNavs to find our way to unfamiliar locations these days, but what happens when that clever little box fails for whatever reason? Always carry a map book in the car/bike for such times. Its good to use to get an overall idea of the location, nearbye towns etc. We've just been househunting in an unkown (to us) area and though the SatNav took us straight to the house we were viewing, looking at the map before setting out, showed us what was round about. This book replaced the 2009 version we had - probably not much has changed where we were but an updated map every 5 years or so is a good idea. The AA Big Easy Read Britain 2014 does exactly what it says, offering 2.5 miles to one inch, big enough even my less than perfect eyesight. Recommended.
on 5 February 2014
This is a big book (too big to fit on most shelves or to slide under the seat of a car) but if you're hoping that will make it easier to read, think again. The printing/paper quality is so bad that I wondered if it was an original product. The unwieldy size also means that there is a high risk of damage as you try to manipulate this sitting in the passenger seat of a car. Highly likely that pages will get ripped out as the spiral binding is too small a coil such that there is very little distance to the edge of the paper to protect it. I gave this one star but even that was generous
on 8 December 2013
This was purchased as a replacement for an outdated edition. The page size is however much larger than our earlier version and consequently much more difficult to handle in the car. The overlap between maps from page to page is however much improved.
on 23 September 2013
This is a good map for navigating during driving around the UK. It is of good size - not to detailed so as to be cumbersome and have too many pages to navigate over tens of miles or more. The map is very clear to read with bright colours and good fonts. For the price, an excellent map.
on 11 October 2013
bought this as a present to have an updated map...I hope someone buys me one!! nice and large to read so you are not squinting when needing to use it for 'those situations'. nothing like having paper maps so you are in control and not a machine!!
on 22 February 2014
From the AA I expected this to be good. But I found that while it identified which motorway junctions have restricted access/exits, it gave no information on what these restrictions are. So picture yourself trying to plan or complete a journey, you have bought the map because you are going to areas you don't know, but you can't tell whether you will be allowed to make the turning that you want to take! The Collins version is so much better - it not only graphically shows the available junction options, but also lists them on a separate page.

Also the AA town centre maps are too small and too difficult to link to the main maps. In contrast, and for about the same price, the Collins version has in addition many extremely useful urban area maps at an intermediate scale, and it is so much easier to link them to the main and city centre maps, the latter being bigger and better than in the AA version.

The Collins version also gives useful information on motorway service areas and what services are available at each, and a mileage chart that is much easier to read.
on 24 January 2014
Can't fault the print quality and size for people who struggle to see small mapping, but due to the way it is bound you can't open the pages out flat so the division between the two pages is crinkled and you can't see detail in that area if that's what you are looking at.
on 15 September 2013
I bought this because of its great 2.5 mile per inch scale. I thought for the WHOLE of Britain. I was going to Orkney, (along with many other Scottish destinations) and guess what. Yes the scale reduces to almost being useless for both Orkney and Shetland. Had to use a freebie map from the hotel to find my way about. What was saved? Probably one extra page. I got the spine version but already after a weeks use, a page is coming loose from the binding. So, only three stars, when it could easily have been better. Get the ringback version, it may last longer.

5th November 2014. After only 7days of holiday use, the maps have become detached from the back and now need sellotaping together. I would now only rate this at 1*, for the maps. Definately would not purchase this version again. Do try the ringback version though.