An Easy Guide to Factor Analysis Paperback – 11 Nov 1993
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Paul Kline is Professor of Psychometrics at the University of Exeter. He has been using and teaching factor analysis for thirty years. His previous books include Intelligence: the psychometric view (Routledge 1990) and The Handbook of Psychological Testing (Routledge 1992).
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
What this book DOES NOT help you with, is the actual practical guide to conducting factor analyses on statistical software. It doesn't give a broad overview of the many types of rotation, extraction techniques, and does not go into much detail on confirmatory factor analysis.
That being said, what this book DOES do is provide the reader with a sound knowledge of the many confusing terms and methods of factor analysis. It actually makes conducting a principle components analysis by hand seem really easy- and I think doing some of the statistics by hand is by far the best way to learn.
However, this is really a basic introduction- it provides excellent descriptions of terms used in factor analysis- but it doesn't really give you a good guide to conducting your own analysis. So buy something else too!
After all, good reading, worth the price.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Methodology > Psychometrics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences