Customer reviews

Easy Gone
Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 April 2014
I quite like Ray Bonneville's sound, which is a very laid-back, bluesy and sparse - just guitar, rack harmonica and vocals with minimal backing, it's very much in the same vein as J.J. Cale or Chris Smither and this new record is much like his previous ones but I did prefer his last CD 'Bad man's blood'. Apart from Ray there is just drummer Geoff Arsenault and Gurf Morlix on bass and guitars but after a while I'm afraid that I really would have liked to have heard some different instruments or styles to add a bit of variety. The one cover Hank Williams' "I'm so lonesome I could cry" sounds up-tempo and relatively cheerful after Ray's own songs. I'd have to pick "Where has my easy gone" as my favourite track.
on 20 January 2015
I have only just discovered Ray Bonneville. He is an absolute gem with such a laid back simple style. This album is very much on the mould of Tony Joe White's album Hoodoo. If you like swamp blues, this is a must.
on 17 October 2014
Magic swampy feel... Nice!