on 10 April 2016
I don't know, definitely different from all previous books (except the fact that the main character is a small genius boy) .
It seems a very boyish book. you have astronauts, aliens, marines, prince (sry, the son of the biggest corp) , a tough hot chick, a sensible (probably hot) girl. What it doesn't have from previous books are: politics, evil genius and a not-that-complex grand plan.
on 23 November 2014
I liked the story and I would probably read any prequel/sequel to Enders Game even though this lacks the refined plot of the shadow saga. What ruined it for me was the technical stuff. OSCs strong suit has never been technology or the science part of SF but doesn't he have a staff that reads through books published in his name? A staff including just one person with knowledge of space science or physics at 10ht grade level? Appearently not. Sad.
on 24 September 2016
Enjoyed this series. Puts a 'face' on Ender's Game's baddies.
on 12 July 2015
Really good read and a great prequel to enders game, if you like sc-fi novels this is definitely a great one to pick up.
on 17 April 2016
A superb series - and if you are an Ender fan - a must read.
on 28 April 2015
Orson Scott Card one of the best
on 8 January 2015
Brilliant
on 21 September 2015
Forget ender. Brilliant start to the show.
on 6 July 2015
I am a lover of books, particularly sci-fi, dystopian futures, and the occasional fantasy. After reading Ender's Game, which I quite liked, I picked this up. I found that I love the Formic Wars series are FAR BETTER than Ender's Game, or the saga of Ender, which seems to go on forever.

The first book of this trilogy sets the stage, but books two and three are really where it takes off. I highly recommend picking this up if you enjoy a nice fast paced read, and you are looking for a solid Sci-Fi book to put in your queue.
on 1 April 2014
Another great read in the Ender future; reminds a little of Ben Bova in the near future realism about how we start to exploit the solar system rather than just explore, but the people are better "drawn". Would be 5 stars but I hate books that don't have a proper ending, it just stops..