Earth System History Paperback – 10 Dec 2008
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Taking a whole-earth approach to the study of geology, this text shows how Earth's ecosystem has developed over time, and how events in the past can help us deal with present and future changes
About the Author
STEVEN M. STANLEY, John Hopkins University, USA.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Fantastic diagrams and pictures each with sources. The sources are often from scientfic journals so invaluable if you want/need to look up/research the topic in more detail. His sources show the book is very up to date and incoporates research seemlessly into the textbook
Book contains 2 parts. Part one is geological knowlegde e.g. chapters on plate tectonics, minerals, environments, life evoloution, Chemical cycles. Part two is 9 chapters of geological time e.g. a chapter on the Hadean and Archean, a chapter on the 'Neogene world'
Only negative is the paleogeographic case studies are all US based - but that is it! I can not recomend this enough!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Earth History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology > Historical Geology
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education