Earth Defence Force - Insect Armageddon (Xbox 360)
- D3 PUBLISHER
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Platform: Xbox 360
EARTH DEFENCE FORCE: INSECT ARMAGEDDON X-360
Top Customer Reviews
Those who played and enjoyed the last game (EDF 2017) This game is how a sequal should be done- better in every way.
- Better controls (Manual reload button, separate roll button, a sprint button)
- Better graphics if you care for such a thing (now just average instead of just plain bad)
- Better sound (Many enemies can be identified just by the sound they make)
- The vehicles actually work this time (charging through the city in a tank with two friends manning side-mounted turrets is great fun, no helicopters this time though)
-More types of enemies (Ants, spiders, wasps, ticks, praying mantis, boss spiders that shoot ticks, really big robots, REALLY REALLY BIG ROBOTS,UFO's, Dropships, daddy long legs) Some with "Metal" varients that hit harder and are tougher.
- Armor classes: Trooper- standard but can use most weapon types, run faster and revive team mates more quickly. -Battle: slow but tough and can use the largest of weapons. Also has a riot shield to block attacks and an "Area effect blast" which is useful when your surrounded, just watch out for any nearby team mates! Jet: Fragile and weaker weapons but is really fast and can fly. Tactical: Average in weapons and stats but can build turrets to kill enemies. There are several different colours you can colour them with (Preset).
-Online multiplayer: 3 player online on campaign, 6 on survival. "jump in jump out" bots fill in if somebody quits. However there IS a host so if they go, everyone goes.Read more ›
The graphics in this game are average at best, being a budget title thats what you would expect but the frame rate stays steady 90% of the time only dropping now and again, its not as bad as the other guy reviewing this game said, trust me. The game does play a bit diiferantly compared to the last game(EDF 2017) which may upset some fans(the levels are longer,the enviroments are less varied and it does get a bit more repetitive) and its a game that your either going to enjoy or not, this wont appeal to everyone but i enjoyed it and im on my third playthrough.
However there is an awful lot I don't like. The game is short - very short. The previous game (2017) had around 50 levels whilst this has 15. Took me around an hour to beat normal difficulty and that was on my own.
The nature of getting more powerful weapons I also do not like. In order to use more powerful weapons you must level up. In 2017 it was much simpler letting you use any gun at any point. Beating alot of the harder difficulties in 2017 simply required doing a level in inferno to get a decent weapon but that isn't possible in this.
There is a lack of variety in the environments. There is city, city, city, and yes - you guessed it - MORE CITY! Where are the mountains, beaches, etc... from 2017?
Before this game was launched, we were promised a constant framerate of 30fps but that gets chucked out of the window very quickly. It is no better than 2017 AT ALL. There are much less enemies on screen than 2017 and it never manages to reach the level of chaos as the previous game.
In terms of enemies there is - again - no variety. There are less types than 2017 and no bosses. There isn't even a final boss!!! The ending is a complete cop-out just to add insult to injury. No joke, the worst ending in any videogame - EVER!
Maybe a tiny gripe, but in 2017 when you killed an enemy they pinged across the level but in this they just disintegrate.
If this game didn't have online multiplayer then it would be a complete failure but my advice to anyone who hasn't heard of the series is just buy the previous game, 2017. Much more fun and also much cheaper.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's fun to play, split screen mode works well and it's messy comic-book violent.
What's not to like ?
Got this as a replacement for a disc that got damaged. Game so good my son wanted it replaced rather than choosing a different game...Published on 9 July 2013 by DA
Well it is. But it's rubbish. Made by another developer who completely missed the point of the previous game and just made a regular shooter with robot insects.Published on 1 July 2013 by Lars Jorgensen
I played the game at my friends house so i knew what to expect. But i had great fun playing the game i played it for hours as soon as it arrived which was real early, am lvl 7 with... Read morePublished on 23 Feb. 2013 by d.cornhill
This is an awsome game!! non stop blasts and explosions plus bugs are all you need to keep you entertained for a pretty long time. Read morePublished on 6 Jan. 2012 by fan of the roman mysteries
EDF is back again for some more bug-bashing action. The only thing that the original EDF was missing was on-line play, and this is included in EDF:Insect Armageddon! Read morePublished on 30 Dec. 2011 by Evilbarb
Being a huge fan of the EDF games going way back to the budget release of Monster Attack on the PS2, I was eagerly anticipating the release of Insect Armageddon. Read morePublished on 3 Sept. 2011 by Conkeyface