- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our US TV store and catch the latest shows in our 2014's Hottest TV page.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Early Doors - Series 2 [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The welcome return of the gentle, critically acclaimed comedy set entirely in The Grapes, a small pub in the North of England. Into this warm, slightly hopeless environment come a group of lovable characters who like a pint, but more than that, like each other. Lads Joe and Duffy command centre table and most of the conversation, largely at the expenses of landlord Ken's less acute regulars, such as Eddie, for whom a change in the town's traffic flow can become a preoccupation. Meanwhile, Ken's preoccupation is how his stepdaughter Melanie will respond to having met her real dad, while local policemen Nige and Phil show their concern over the level of crime in the neighbourhood by listening to police radio in the comfort of Ken's snug. Overhearing their conversations and reliving the events in each of their lives is both moving and amusing.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
Like Peter Kaye, Craig Cash and Phil Mealy understand Lancashire people, and paint a vivid and affectionate picture.
Northern humour, and human observation, at their very best, and an absolute pleasure to watch.
Personally, I found it to be a classic piece of typical Craig Cash/ Joe Mealy craftsmanship.
Taking simple characters, in a simple situation, they have created a work of terrific humour, pathos and insight into human emotions. Within the space of two episodes, I felt that I knew the characters personally and couldn't wait to see what happened next. Having watched both series a couple of times, I now really miss those characters, and find it hard to come to terms with the fact that another series is very unlikely.
The cast speaks for itself and obviously helps to make this series an absolute classic of northern humour.
some great performances from all the cast and superb comedy set-ups.
Most recent customer reviews