on 19 May 1999
I was given this book a few months before my wedding, and I am very glad it was given to me. The author confronts an issue that is quite controversial these days from a strong, biblical viewpoint. He explains and gives many practical examples of how the marriage relationship is most fulfilling when both partners have their God-given roles in the proper perspective. He describes the principles behind biblical love and submission and makes clear that the two are equally important and necessary for a proper relationship. Since reading this book, I have been challenged and motivated to look at how I love my wife and to find new ways to put her before myself. I strongly suggest it for men or women who are married, will be married, or ever will be married.
on 7 August 1999
For a covenant view of marriage, this is unsurpassed. Even better than the classics in this field-- Douglas Wilson *Reforming Marriage* and Mike Mason *The Mystery of Marriage.* I bought three copies this month.
on 7 March 1999
I have met Bryan Chapell, and knew this book was in the works. I was so glad to finally read it. I will recommend, no give, it to newlyweds. It should be read by all those desiring a godly marriage.