Customer reviews

ETC Pump 12 Inch SV/PV Mountain Bike Plastic with Clips - Black

on 29 September 2013
"Buy cheap, buy twice" they say. Well, that what I've done after taking a punt on this cheapie pump.

I was looking for an old-styled pump for emergency use which would fit the 12" pump mounting lugs on my pannier frame. This plastic pump was very cheap so I thought I couldn't go far wrong if it was no good. I was actually quite impressed with the pump itself as it delivered a strong, high pressure flow of air. The problem was with the braided tube and Presta valve adapter which is rather cheap and nasty. The threaded brass adapter is too shallow and it should be twice as long to ensure a secure fit on the tyre's valve. Secondly, the tiny rubber O-ring inside the adapter was drifting around and these two faults ensured that a good seal on the valve was impossible.

I thought I would test the pump by topping up to 50lb a tyre that was at about 30lb. However, each time I fully tightened the adapter the tyre's valve started hissing like an angry snake! I then found myself in the ridiculous situation of pumping as hard as I could while the tyre got flatter and flatter! Eventually, I ended up with a completely flat tyre, me exhausted and pouring with sweat and my wife and daughter in hysterics!

Perhaps if you have a good quality adapter then this pump will be OK. I gave the pump a good crack but I eventually threw it out and bought a decent floor pump. At least that pumped my tyre back up!
on 26 March 2017
The pump works perfectly fine, but i had some trouble with the attatchements, they didnt seem to ve very airtight but still worked at an angle. The packaging was ridiculous. It was sent in a box about twenty times the size that would have been needed. An absolute waste of paper, would have fit into a large envelope. That's the only problems I have with it.
on 8 July 2013
Works well to pump up my sons bike tyres. Arrived quickly and I wasn't disappointed at all. Does what it's meant too.
on 18 August 2017
Works very well for the size of the Pump.
Very pleased i bought this one
on 26 April 2017
Good little pump , I used it for my wheelchair tyres it does themin no time
on 3 August 2017
Plastic not strong enough to pump with, ended up buying 1 in Asda
on 7 August 2017
Incapable of reaching high pressure in bike tyres, achieves about 80% rigidity but more suited to temporary fixes than full inflation jobs
on 30 July 2017
Does what it says on the tin - blew up a large exercise ball with no difficulties - very quick and easy delivery.
on 10 September 2016
The ETC Pump 12 Inch SV/PV is a traditional design and it works perfectly.
on 11 August 2017