on 16 May 2013
The reader is described as having a 'baratone voice' and that is no lie. I can't believe how many hours of listening are contained on one CD. Have listened from Genesis to Judges in just a month of my daily commute! Have recommended it to all my friends.
on 21 April 2008
What is it with the people who read audio bibles? They seem to begin by inserting a plum into their mouths, and then make it worse by 'acting' the text, as if they were some 2nd rate shakespearian actor (although I guess that is exactly what they are). Why cant someone just READ the Bible, in a normal voice? The way this guy Johnston does it is absolutely ghastly - I mean does anybody actually speak like this???
on 15 September 2010
This was bought for a present for my other half, who has a problem reading small print, so for them to listen to it, is great.
on 24 June 2010
Stephen Johnstone. This is an actor narrating - And it sounds like it!
This man rams expression where it was never intended to be.
At times, he seems to almost sing the words.
I have grown to enjoy the ESV (which I did not initially like) But this is truly dreadful!
I have played it to Christian friends of mine and they are instantly irritated by the reader.
I'm just glad it was cheap.
on 8 September 2011
As with everything I have ordered from amazon I can only say how pleased I am with both the product and the sevice. I have listened to the beginning of the cd and it is a quality product.
Thankyou amazon.