Customer reviews

on 10 February 2016
I'm new to teaching English to primary school children and I felt I wasn't doing a particularly good job until I found this book! My classes used to be dull and boring. But not anymore! Since I started using the ideas and games from the book my lessons are just amazing, both for the kids and for me! I see students previously not interested in English joining in with the games and learning without even realising it! I see them remember almost 100 percent of the material from each class. I see them run to me in the school corridor and asking when our next lesson will be because they can't wait to play more games. I used to have lots of class management issues with the lower grades but thanks to the tips and ideas in the book - not anymore!!! I love this book! I would recommend it to any teacher who cares about his/her students and wishes them to have wonderful learning experience! The best part for me personally is that I gained so much confidence as a teacher since I got this book! I used to be scared going into the classes, but now they are exactly the kind of classes that got me into teaching in the first place!
on 24 February 2015
I love Shelley Ann's approach to teaching English, it is wonderful to have an author of a book so accessable, I have found Shelley to be extremely helpful . I have put into practise her ideas and games in the classroom and it has been a wonderful success and such a sense of satisfaction to see the children enjoying the whole experience of learning English!!! Not only are the children enjoying the class but I enjoy their enthusiam too!!
I highly recommend Shelley's book to anyone who is trying to teach English.
on 11 October 2015
This book is excellent and I highly recommend it. As a new teacher I find the book and the author's website a valuable source of ideas. If you sign up for a newsletter you receive emails with game ideas which help keep lessons original and fun.
The way the book is organised makes it easy to find activities of interest. Over the last month I have tried and tested various games from this book and they have all worked really well. I find children need to move about and be participative and this book has endless ideas to get kids involved with the language they are learning.
on 9 April 2015
Five stars is really not sufficient for this wonderful inspirational book!!! I simply couldn't recommend it enough.I have two children and a very busy schedule so when I have classes I need quick exciting ideas.It has made teaching fun and the results are incredible!! It's a bible you shouldn't be without it!! I should like to thank Shelley very much indeed for every page of this fantastic book!!
on 3 February 2016
Excellent resource! I can highly recommend this. Having only just started teaching young learners after a long break, this resource book is already proving invaluable!
on 26 March 2014
Excellent book, full of bright ideas how to move your class and make learning fun and easy! Thank you for it!!!!
on 14 August 2014
Very good book its been helping me a lot with lessons
on 13 April 2014
Great resources and most games adaptable for all ages. It's the book I refer to for teaching all ages and all levels of ESL students.
on 30 September 2014
some great ideas in this
on 16 January 2018
This is such a great book! I've been using Shelley's books for a few years now, and highly recommend all her teaching materials. I have the online version of the book. Quite often with online books, changing pages and going to the section you're looking for can be tricky, but not so with this book. It is very clearly divided into different categories, and one click takes me to what I'm looking for. It's easy to find your way around. The illustrations add a nice touch. Although I mainly teach in a one-to-one setting, many of these activities can be adapted to suit my needs! Shelley's advice and hints is invaluable, especially for new teachers. I highly recommend this book!