Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Endworld: Doomsday forum

ENDWORLD - DOOMSDAY Book Review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jan 2009 13:15:41 GMT
ENDWORLD - DOOMSDAY By David Robbins - Genre Action/Adventure/Thriller

I'm a big fan of some of the post-apocalypse series namely "Deathlands", "Outlanders", "Survivalist" and "Doomsday Warrior" but my favourite was always the ENDWORLD series (And it's spin-off series BLADE) by David Robbins because of its unique mixture of Home, Family & Friendship coupled with bags of action, great characters, fantastic plots, excellent dialogue, big dashes of humour and oodles of all out excitement so a new "Endworld" book had a lot to live up to in my eyes and I'm very pleased to say that the new book "Doomsday" (I was one of the lucky 25 Endworld fans who received an "Advance Reading Copy" of the book from the publishers Dorchester) more than lived up to my high expectations as it's an absolute thrillathon !!

"Doomsday" is a prequel to the original "Endworld" series first published in the 80's/90's (Dorchester is reprinting the old series with new covers) and deals with a third World War, it's aftermath and how "The Home & Family" from the original series came about, it's origins, how people were selected to be included in Kurt Carpenters vision of how humanity could survive after a global war to end all wars, the creation of the first embryonic "Warriors" who would eventually be "The Family's" ultimate protectors. I don't want to spoil it for potential readers of this book but I'll just say that it has a terrific plot that is fast paced, full of action and excitement, excellent and at times humorous dialogue, great characters and much much more and when you have finished the book it leaves you hungry for more !! - OH and THOR rules !!

My hopes are now that this excellent tome does well enough that we have two new "Endworld" series, one continuing the original series timeline and one continuing on from the "Doomsday" timeline, that would be heaven.

So a big thank you to David Robbins for the new book in one of my favourite ever series and to Dorchester for the publishing the new book.

So to sum it up, the book will thrill any fan of the original "Endworld" series and anyone who enjoys a cracking action yarn, no-one will be disappointed IMHO.

OH and once again THOR rules !!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Endworld: Doomsday forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  7 Jan 2009
Latest post:  7 Jan 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Endworld: Doomsday
Endworld: Doomsday by David Robbins (Mass Market Paperback - 1 April 2009)
5.0 out of 5 stars (2)