Customer reviews

Size: 14 Inches|Change

on 16 May 2017
This drum is amazing. It has a beautiful sound and is perfect for a drumming circle. I am very pleased and would definitely recommend.
on 20 March 2017
Hi,
Very good sound, good quality.
Really happy with the drum.
No problems with moisture.
on 11 April 2017
Extremely pleased. Very well made and lovely tone.
on 22 May 2013
We bought this drum for a friend, as we are members of a Shamanic drumming circle, and although we mainly use skin drums they tend to go slack when drumming outside. The Remo is a very good substitute for a skin drum, and we were very pleased with it's sound. I shall be buying one for myself for outdoor work. For those of you, who like to paint their drums, this drum has now been painted and the paint went on like a dream. I really do rate these drums.
on 13 June 2015
I love this drum. I have one that is made from real Horse skin.and although it sounds amazing, its highly sensitive to changes in temperatures, and if it gets cold and you have no fire to warm it by (highly unlikely when walking through the woods or standing by oneself on a hillside somewhere lol!) then you cant use it. And I walk along happily drumming and before you know it, "thud thud" the sound goes "dead" and it is sooooo frustrating! You can warm it up by rubbing it with your hand but on a cold day, I do not have any success.
That is why I was recommended this drum. Its synthetic nature means that is can be played in all temperatures. So this is my drum of choice when I want to drum outside and am not at a Shamanic circle where there is a fire to warm the skin. I am SUPER pleased with this Remo drum!!!
Some people are of the opinion that Synthetic skinned drums are no where near as good to use as real skin, however although with real skin you can get such a wonderful range of sounds etc, the synthetic one is still absolutely amazing. I love the sound of this one but rather than saying the real skin is "better" I just feel personally that these are not really comparable and that having both real horse and a fake Buffalo, I love them both the same!. I use it for journeying and its great. I also have friends who use synthetic drums for Shamanic healing and they work just as well as a real skin drum , although I do not use this for treatments, and that is nothing to do with this drum, it is just because my horse drum and I have a solid working relationship when it comes to using it on clients for drum diagnosis and such like so that is the only one I use. The only thing I found is that I was not keen on the beater. Probably just me, I do not know. So made my own to add the personal touch. The stick is boring as well for me so I used a piece of Hazel wood for mine. I also used sharpie pens to draw on mine as I found it too plain, but others may love this. I used a black colour with a little green and red to draw and write my designs on it.. Lots of people have tried using it and all say they like the feel and sound of it. It is really well made and arrived super quick! Thank you, I will love this for many years to come.
on 7 July 2012
I love the dark tones of the Remo Buffalo Drum. Once decorated they have proved to be the only drums I will happliy take outside, knowing they will always play true. I have three now, all of different sizes and tend to use them more than my other more expensive skin drums, mainly because they dont need drying out in damp conditions. Whilst i have made and bought interesting drum sticks I actually enjoy using the ones provided with the drum. They give a lovely soft mellow sound. I have decorated the handles by burning designs and adding beads and feathers but often end up just using the plainest one for serious drumming. I love them but am not a purest. For sheer enjoyment and reliability and a great sound they are my choice for using in our climate.
on 12 December 2012
I recommend this drum, it has a beautiful tone, light weight and sounds great rain or shine. You can also add your own decoration to the outside surface of the drum ring.
on 3 June 2013
It was exactly what I was looking for in a frame drum and lives up to my expectations. I would recommend this product for anyone who wanted to buy a frame drum.
on 8 October 2013
really good and doesn't need tuning and it's not made from animal skin so it's just brilliant, sounds great. thank you.
on 28 July 2010
My Remo 12" Buffalo Drum arrived incredibly quickly. Very pleased with it overall in fact mostly delighted. I am not sure what you call the actual drumming tool but I feel that probably isn't as high a quality as it could be - but I am new to drumming so I am open to disagreement.

See one answered question