on 21 July 1999
I have always prayed a lot. I have studied the subject in the scriptures. But as I opened and read the pages of "E.M. Bounds on Prayer", I felt as if I hardly knew prayer and therefore my Father God. I had so limited God in my prayer life. Edward Bounds shows from the scriptures the importance of prayer, the power of prayer and God's desire for prayer. Prayer is how we talk to God. Mr. Bounds shows examples from the Bible how God responds to real, passionate, persistent prayer. The words of Christ were, "Men ought to pray and not to faint". E.M. Bounds echo's the words of our Lord and Savior and shows the hearts desire of a Father wanting to bless his children. His children though must talk to the Father. That is prayer. If you read this book and believe the scriptures quoted within it's pages, you will pray more and your prayers will get answers. God promises it!
on 7 June 2010
This book on prayer is a must for any Christian and if acted upon it will change your prayer life. It is written from the heart of the author who knew what prayer was, not just in theory but in practice. To E M Bounds prayer wasn't formality but speaking to God and living a holy life. Open the book at any page and you will find words of encouragement and words of conviction.
I cannot think of any other book on prayer that I could recommend more than this one. If you are serious about God and serious about prayer this book will represent money well spent.
The chapters are of "bite size" length and easy to read. The only hard thing about this book will be putting into practice what you have read.
To sum up don't just read my comments but get this book on prayer, you will not be disappointed.
on 17 August 2012
E.M.Bounds on Prayer- I was talking to a pastor about a prayer book and he said have you ever heard of E.M.BOUNDS - my answer was no- he said it was an excellent prayer book- so I sent to Amazon for it - and as usual - no sooner the word than the deed --- I now have it --- and need to study it as soon as possible - for we all need prayer and to be prayed for--- and sometimes we need to know how to pray - this book does just that -----
on 18 November 2013
It explains prayer and guides one how to pray effectively.
Recommended to anyone who yearns a deeper prayer life .
on 18 February 2017
Such a powerful book. It literally transforms your life.
on 12 January 2015
I feel like praying always after reading this book.
on 8 December 2010
Good but retrospective in view, a friend introduce this
book and i bought one, i can see why he thinks backward
about spiritual growth!
we are product of our belief! good stuff though! for those who
know their left from their right already, not a baby Christian