- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd; 2 edition (31 Mar. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1446267199
- ISBN-13: 978-1446267196
- Product Dimensions: 26.9 x 20.8 x 0.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
206,846 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #255 in Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching > Learning Difficulties
- #286 in Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Strategies & Policy
- #298 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Paediatrics
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Dyscalculia Toolkit: Supporting Learning Difficulties in Maths Paperback – 31 Mar 2013
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'The new dyscalculia toolkit has a great introduction that is broken down into manageable chunks, brilliant explanations and interesting reading. The new tables explain what each game entails at the start of the book, making planning and using the toolkit much easier and effective especially if short on time! Very enjoyable to read, and highly recommended'
-Karen Jones, Chartered Educational Psychologist, The Educational Guidance Service
I particularly like the way the author promotes talk at every stage, vocalising the learning process for and with the student. I found The Dyscalculia Toolkit easy and enjoyable to read and full of practical ideas which would be accessible to the less experienced as well as the more practiced in working with children diagnosed as dyscalculic. (Heather Casey Dyslexia Review)
I think it should be on every SENCO’s shelf, if not every teacher’s, as these activities should not just be given to the strugglers; there is a raft of good ideas in this book, and it even comes with a CD-ROM with many more ideas and printable resources to accompany many of the activities. (Andrew Jeffrey)
About the Author
Ronit Bird is a teacher whose interest in pupils with specific learning difficulties began with a focus on dyslexia. She qualified as a teacher at London University and subsequently gained a further qualification as a specialist teacher of learners with SpLD. While working with dyslexic pupils in a mainstream school, Ronit started to develop strategies and teaching activities to help support the learning of pupils who were experiencing difficulties in maths.
Ronit has taught in both primary and secondary settings, and has worked as a SENCO in both the independent and state sectors. As part of the Harrow Dyscalculia Project in 2006–2010, Ronit ran training courses on dyscalculia for subject leaders, teachers and teaching assistants, later working in an advisory capacity with participating schools across the Harrow LEA.
Ronit currently works as a teacher and continues to create and deliver professional development courses for teachers. Over the past few years Ronit has developed a growing interest in making demonstration videos for teachers and parents.
Ronit can be contacted through her website: www.ronitbird.com
Top Customer Reviews
not to big
fix in a handbag
large words can read easy
pdf can out great from the printer
Particularly useful CD and ability to print out games etc...
Need to get down to some hard work now !
Ronit Bird, if you are reading this, THANK YOU!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've just started reading this book and it is great, with loads of helpful and useful information. I can't wait to start using some of the games etc, I cannot find the Appendix... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Outdoor Mum
Very useful ideas with really clear explanations as to specific problems students have and how to teach them to overcome these issues.Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very user friendly book containing disc with hundreds of practical games and activities. If your child struggles with numeracy this would give you useful ideas of meaningful things... Read morePublished on 28 Jan. 2015 by Mum
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Strategies & Policy
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching > Learning Difficulties
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Paediatrics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies