Customer reviews

on 4 February 2017
I have had the pleasure of working with Meribeth personally and this book just extends the wonderful knowledge and reminds me of all the things I should know and could have asked but didn't have time, highly recommend!
on 10 March 2013
I am very torn with this book. Aspects of it are great and others a waste of space. The first half spends to much time talking about things that could be sumarised in a third or less space, some of it even nefarious. Then we get to the nuts and bolts (anatomy, resonance, diction) which are enlightening and help shatter lots of myths but, for a bookm of this depth, often fall short. Definitely not bang for your buck, still has to be in your library if you are serious about singing.
on 12 September 2016
I discovered so many new things about the human voice and myself whilst reading this book. It's so deep, intellectually written and creatively satisfying! It makes you want to get up and sing! :)
review image
on 14 January 2014
Excellent book. As I am currently studying to be a singing teacher and vocal coach I found this book to be of great benefit for my studies.
on 21 May 2011
after having read many scientifically oriented books on voice production, Mrs. Dayme's holistic and yet anatomically correct presentation successfully combines the singer's intuitive feel for the voice with all the hard facts that debunk the many myths of singing.
I found it thoroughly captivating as a singer and teacher, and have already started integrating many of her elements into my daily routine.
Belongs on every singer's piano.