Dynamics in Atmospheric Physics Paperback – 12 Jan 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Written with wit, peppered with personal anecdotes, and illustrated with simple physical problems, this text is a pleasure to read and acts as a useful reference book as well.' Howard B. Bluestein, The Times Higher Education Supplement
This first year graduate textbook describes the nature of motion in the atmosphere, develops fluid dynamics relevant to the atmosphere, and explores the role of motion in determining climate and atmospheric composition. The author presents material in lecture note style and gives problems at the end of each chapter to help students assimilate the material.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I should disclose working on occasion with the author, always enjoying the experience though not always agreeing with him.
I really don't trust anything that Lindzen has done if he can't get the foundation right.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Weather
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Applied Physics