Dynamical Systems in Neuroscience (Computational Neuroscience) Paperback – 15 Feb 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A unique contribution to the theoretical neuroscience literature that can serve as a useful reference for audiences ranging from quantitatively skilled undergraduates interested in mathematical modeling, to neuroscientists at all levels, to graduate students and even researchers in the field of theoretical neuroscience." -- Jonathan E. Rubin, Mathematical Review "This book will be a great contribution to the subject of mathematical neurophysiology." --Richard Fitzhugh, former researcher, Laboratory of Biophysics, National Institutes of Health "Eugene Izhikevich has written an excellent introduction to the application of nonlinear dynamics to the spiking patterns of neurons. There are dozens of clear illustrations and hundreds of exercises ranging from the very easy to Ph.D.-level questions. The book will be suitable for mathematicians and physicists who want to jump into this exciting field as well as for neuroscientists who desire a deeper understanding of the utility of nonlinear dynamics applied to biology." --Bard Ermentrout, Department of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh "A stimulating, entertaining, and scenic tour of neuronal modeling from a nonlinear dynamics viewpoint." --John Rinzel, Center for Neural Science and Courant Institute, New York University
About the Author
Eugene M. Izhikevich is Chairman and CEO of Brain Corporation in San Diego and was formerly Senior Fellow in Theoretical Neurobiology at the Neurosciences Institute, San Diego. He is editor-in-chief of Scholarpedia, the free peer-reviewed encyclopedia.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Prior exposure to dynamical systems and neuroscience is helpful.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology