- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Dynamic Media: Music, Video, Animation, and the Web in Adobe PDF (Peachpit) Paperback – 26 Dec 2006
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Flash animation, music and videos, virtual reality 3D, and more―in a PDF? Yes!
Acrobat documents “converged” with audio, video, and interactive content― it’s the wave of the future and it’s called rich media. Do you want to get your video and audio content out into the world in a more convenient way than on the Web? Are you looking for a way to share rich-media content with the broadest possible range of readers? Print publishers, advertisers, educators, and anyone else who’s ready to leverage the power of PDF and Adobe Reader can benefit from learning about the possibilities of this new convergence technology. In the first book of its kind, rich-media PDF pioneer Bob Connolly presents an eye-opening overview of the world of PDFs that contain video, audio, and interactive elements. Dozens of case studies illustrate the nearly limitless potential of rich media. And the best part about the book is that it practices what it preaches, with a fully interactive rich-media version of the book on the accompanying CDROM. Readers can experience first-hand the power of rich-media PDFs through interactive animation, videos, and audio.
- Walk through the process of constructing rich-media PDFs on the fly using a Web server
- Learn which applications work together for building rich-media PDFs―and which don’t
- See how some of the world’s most forward-thinking artists and designers are pushing the boundaries with rich-media PDFs
- Learn why PDF documents are more compelling than Web sites for reaching your target audience
- Understand how best to translate print material into online PDF documents
About the Author
Bob Connolly, an accomplished musician, writer, record, television and movie producer, has a vast experience with advanced PDF workflows and in the print publishing industry. He is president of BC Pictures, a full service production company that specializes in convergence technologies. For the past 16 years, BC Pictures has been producing award-winning DVDs, TV series, music videos, records, commercial and educational CD-ROMs, Web sites and most recently―Interactive “Rich Media” PDF documents. Their clients include: General Motors, NASA, Jaguar, Apple Computer, Benjamin Moore, Pfizer-Parke Davis, and many more!
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The only down side to the book is that all he does is talk about all the wonderful, great things PDF do but he tends to leave you hanging on how one can go about getting all these tricks done. Really, this book is for an advanced user of Creative Suite and someone that is looking for the "WOW" factor when it comes to sales, marketing and website design. If this book does not inspire you to create rich dynamic interactive PDF nothing will. I really enjoyed the book but I also learned that when it comes to PDF I am a novice.
If you are into design this your book but also search for other books that teach you all the things that Bob talks about and I do mean OTHERS. You will not find any of this information in one book unless Bob wrote a HOW TOO as well. Come on BOB, I will be waiting.
The book is impressive in layout as well as content. Mr. Connolly backs up his skill and puts it into real time production with this book. The accompanying CD (in Adobe PDF) is identical to the books layout, but includes the interactive Rich-Media presentations.
I have not found another book with the most up to date information on interactive PDFs. Mr. Connolly uses the interactive Rich-Media CD to reinforce the subject matter of the book. A must read for those working with or planning interactive Rich-Media technology presentations.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Website Design