From the Inside Flap
Written by a team of leading enterprise architects, Dynamic Enterprise Architecture introduces DYA® (Dynamic Architecture for modeling and development) (DYA® is a registered trademark of Sogeti Nederland B.V.), a conceptual and practical model to help integrate a successful enterprise architecture system into an organization. Written by a team of innovators in IT architecture, this groundbreaking book provides accessible tools for designing and implementing the architectural processes within a corporation. Featuring a multidisciplinary approach, it′s the first book of its kind to structurally address the day–to–day ups and downs that every organization encounters when working under architecture.
The authors present a successful field–tested approach to enterprise architecture that enables corporations to achieve their business objectives faster. The key elements of this approach include multidisciplinary teams, purposeful architectural design, and room for deliberate noncompliance with the standard enterprise architecture. With a close examination of management techniques for correct implementation and maintenance, DYA® combines three processes to help corporations get the full benefits of using enterprise architecture:
- Strategic Dialog companies′ business objectives are determined and are further defined as project proposals
- Development with Architecture IT solutions are implemented
- Architectural Services supports the other two processes with principles, guidelines, and models
Complete with useful, tangible tools for implementing and designing the architectural process within a corporation, Dynamic Enterprise Architecture enables business and IT managers, controllers, CIOs, COOs, and CTOs to make major contributions to achieving the business objectives of their organizations.
From the Back Cover
Enterprise architecture holds the key to an organization′s success. Yet for many companies, the promised benefits of IT architecture still elude them. Dynamic Enterprise Architecture provides readers with a better understanding of the processes involved in successfully employing architectural thinking and empowers them with the instruments to analyze their own situations and identify points of improvement.
Based on the authors′ decades of practical experience in the field, Dynamic Enterprise Architecture:
- Provides step–by–step guidance to help organizations successfully introduce an enterprise architecture system
- Focuses on the processes to make enterprise architecture work
- Discusses ways to avoid bottlenecking in enterprise architecture
- Provides tips and best practices for implementing the processes involved
- Shows readers the most effective ways to use IT in their organizations
Make the most out of enterprise architecture and achieve your business goals with the step–by–step guidelines found in Dynamic Enterprise Architecture.