Dyke/Girl: Language and Identities in a Lesbian Group Hardcover – 24 Sep 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Jones' study adds to the currently small amount of scholarship which exclusively addresses lesbian-specific interaction. She has succeeded in creating space for further studies in cross-generational lesbian language; it is my hope that this study will open further avenues for queer sociolinguistics research.' - LINGUIST
Explores the links between language and identity in a lesbian community of practice, using a sociocultural linguistics framework to examine the construction of authentic and inauthentic personae.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Sociolinguistics