on 1 September 2014
Oh dear Lord, I have never been so apprehensive to read a book in such a long time, especially with Mr Landy's ability to bump off characters like there's no tomorrow. I won't post spoilers in my review but I think the wait was worse than the reading to be honest. This book is amazing! By far my favourite and I was so happy with the ending. thrilled in fact.

I almost choked up at some points and there are some truly sentimental moments, but this installment does not sacrifice on humour by any means. I laughed ridiculously at some points in the book and I think I shall re-read the whole series just for funsies.

Derek is a literary God, and much nicer than the ones depicted in his books (which lets face it, are bloody nuts and insane).

I still have a crush on skulduggery and I totally have a girl crush on Valkyrie and maybe on Tanith too. Hell, I even totally loved Billy-Ray Sanguine by the end of the book and Scapegrace.

Perhaps the most amazing part though is the ending and the way in which there are similarities to the beginning (you'll understand when you read it). I can't wait to read whatever Derek writes next and thank him for getting me out of my reading slump. I needed this book in more ways than one.

Whether you're 7, 17, 27 (like me) or 107, read this series!
on 29 August 2014
Derek Landy, I do believe this is my favorite book out of the whole series. It made me laugh. It made me cry. It made a part of me want to kill you at times, too... And you kept me guessing throughout the whole thing. It was rather confusing until the end.

I still can't believe this is the last book. I think I might be in shock.
But, I can say one thing for certain - this last book is a brilliant ending to a spectacular series. It deserves 6 stars really, but unfortunately they won't let me put it... How rude.
on 15 September 2014
To be honest I didn't dislike anything about this book I'm just really sad that it's the last skulduggery book, I wish Valkyrie actually did something so cool that she killed darquesse, but hey, that was a big and awesome twist at the end especially with what happened with Danny!!!
on 30 March 2017
Loved it like the rest of the series definitely recommend buying it. Can't wait for his next book and I hope it lives up to the rest of the series.
on 10 May 2017
My boys are thoroughly enjoying this series, I'm noticing they are adopting some ideas and phrases into their own writing so it's got their attention!
on 3 September 2017
Really good storyline. I could never have predicted what happened. Can't wait to read the next one. A brilliant series for a ten year old.
on 6 September 2015
Last book in series, absolutely fantastic. Couldn't put this book down. So sad to say goodbye to skulduggery, Val and the gang. Awesome and as usual plenty of humour :)
on 7 August 2017
overrated book, no more said
on 27 September 2014
Amazing filled with action and adventure so glad it ended the way it did. Amazing end to Skulduggery series. Thanks Derek!
on 3 August 2016
very good conditions, as new.