on 19 February 2017
Flimsy & poor quality zips - bag now, only fit for the bin - we all think these poor reviews won't affect us - think again! - if only people were not so quick to review products as some are just not made to last - unfortunately you can't check zip quality online - only trust YKK for online bag purchases - I've learn't the hard way. If you think £28 is good value for a 3 trip bag plus landfill - then go ahead and press the button (-;
This is the email I sent to Dussel, to which I have NOT had a reply:
"Hi, We bought this bag in July 2014. I went to use it for its ‘third' trip, only for the zip to snap and come away on the main compartment, just as I was leaving for the airport (very inconvenient, as I’m sure you can imagine).
I normally only buy products with YKK zips, so I’m very disappointed that this bag has now been rendered useless because of very cheap flimsy zips. I hardly put any pressure on it when closing.
Is there something you can do to help reassure me of this product or is this going to be yet another environmentally unfriendly and poor value bag to go to waste?"
review image
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Excellent bag, well made and does a perfect job in consuming large amounts of clothes and travel items. Two main compartments, one for clothes etc or whatever, the second for a laptop/documents. Side straps pull everything in tight. Front bottom pocket perfect for things like car keys, and front panel pocket great for passport. Fully loaded the bag is obviously very heavy and the back straps seem so far up to the job when you wear it, providing you can lift it up on to your back! Flown easyjet and Air Norwegian several times when they've been on their guard checking bag sizes, and whilst wearing it on my back have not been questioned about size nor weight.
on 19 February 2015
Bit let down by this. I fly with work and this was a good option for me to use so I don't have to wait at the carousel and can get straight off the plane and keep going. During its first use the handle and shoulder straps have started coming away from the rucksack body - despite my cautiousness. To remedy this I've bought some extra strong / thick thread and I've asked a local sewing machine person to try to fix and reinforce it. Sadly I can't recommend this product and I really wanted to.

The 'body' of the rucksack feels great on the outside and robust but is let down by the interior. The shoulder straps are also too thin - especially given the rather large size of the bag overall and dig in badly leaving me with bruised shoulders. I wasn't exactly carrying bricks - laptop, cables, and 3 days of clothes - but it just felt unable to deal with even this modest load. Perhaps I had a duff bag? I hope so.
on 1 December 2015
Two zips snapped on second use. I wasn't pulling with that much force but the metal inside the zip actually snapped off, making the bag useless. Which is why quality brands use YKK...
review image
5 people found this helpful
on 7 May 2017
I bought this bag to use on a trip to the USA and initially it looked perfect for my needs.

At Heathrow on the way to the USA one of the zip headers snapped on the smaller of the main pocket. Annoying but there was still another zip header on the same zip.

At Seattle on the way back, the 2nd zip header on the same pocket snapped - the pocket being left completely unusable.

I know zip's can break, but that is a bit much. It looks good but I guess quality of the components is not so good.
on 25 March 2015
Great quality. Used on a long-haul BA flight from Heathrow to Argentina and survived the trip. Be careful not to over load as this bag will only be able to handle 15 kgs tops before it becomes uncomfortable and you may also run the risk of breaking the shoulder straps. Dussel should certainly look in to designing this bag with stronger shoulder and side straps. I use this bag to carry camera equipment (microphones, cables, laptop, amp, camera, tripod etc.) and it certainly provides comfort and sufficient protection for all of the gear.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 August 2014
Be aware! This measures 54*40*20 and is too large for economy class airlines as cabin luggage. It looks big when filled and that's when it was measured it. Can't return it as threw packaging with receipt ( by mistake) so have gifted it to a friend. Had to purchase a real (50*40*20) sized cabin bag. I am sure that manufacturers were caught out when economy airlines changed the size of cabin luggage allowed. To advertise the new size in bold knowingly that it's a larger bag is more than misleading. However you need to look at the description where it does give the real dimensions. Bag quality is fine and would be an ideal cabin bag.

Further Comment.
The good people at Dussel have supplied free of charge another cabin bag which I shall review soon. A big thank you for that.
In the meantime having had this bag in use by a friend, the report back is, the quality surpasses other rucksacks and cabin bags. The are various compartments that comfortably hold a laptop plus other everyday items. Most importantly, the bag sits comfortably on the shoulders and back. A great cabin bag but equally as a everyday rucksack. Looks and feels quality.
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 27 September 2016
Used as cabin luggage, this bag holds more than the equivalent hard case having no wheels or telescopic handle to accommodate. It is divided into two main compartments with pockets for toiletries, tablet, documents and odds and . The outer zipped pocket holds travel documents, toiletries in the obligatory transparent zip bag. The main zips can be padlocked in case the bag has to go in the luggage hold. It is light in weight, the adjustable shoulder straps are comfortable and, for me, a backpack is much more convenient than a wheeled case.
on 30 March 2016
Great concept - a bag that is sized to be the maximum allowable on a plane without losing space to wheels etc. Found it very useful for travel, especially with kids. The design is great too with the right number/size of compartments and pockets.

HOWEVER -- it didn't last sadly. On the ~3rd trip there was a tear which formed between sections, annoying but not a big deal. On trip number 6 or 7, the zip busted. We can still use it since there are 2 zips, but I wouldn't bring it on a long journey. So now I'm looking at the Cabin Max version which might be better but has the same warnings in the reviews about quality.
One person found this helpful
on 8 December 2014
Large size BUT the zips look CHEAP -- don`t look very robust or hardwaring . Expect the ZIPS to fail pretty soon .Mind you its only Rated at 10 Kg ie About 22 Lbs // And why put an outstanding -- highly noticeable Flourescent ZIP on the Passport / Personal Document - Wallet POUCH . So the channel port thieves know straight were to head -for easy pickings.
Bottom compartment for Laptop / phone chargers IS Directly underneath the Laptop storage slot -- meaning the weight & bulk of the laptop & other stuff is going to be forcing the chargers OUT of that bottom pouch.
Not Bad but I wished I had bought a Proper Rucksack instead .