- Also check our best rated Luggage reviews
Duronic Digital Luggage Scales (white) LS1008W | Weighs Suitcases and Bags up to 50kg | Compact and Portable | Super Strong Straps | For Air Travel | Avoid Excess Baggage Fees! | Batteries Included
|Price:||£8.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£21.00 (70%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- IT'S TIME TO BE A SMART TRAVELLER - All too often we end up paying extortionate excess baggage fees at the airport because we didn't measure or weigh our bags beforehand. This can be avoided simply by taking along a portable luggage scale like the L1008; it fits neatly into any suitcase or backpack for convenience and weighs luggage accurately every time.
- NO MORE EXCESS BAGGAGE FEES! - It couldn't be simpler to avoid unwanted extra fees. Simply whip out your new Duronic digital scale, weigh your bag/s and check they meet the airline's allowance before you travel. Make this scale part of your holiday essentials along with your sun cream, travel adaptor and cabin/suitcase padlock.
- 3 WEIGHT UNITS TO CHOOSE FROM - These scales have a clear digital display which allows you to read the weight in kilograms (kg), pounds (lb) or stones (st). This means that whether you're used to the imperial system or the metric system, these scales will be easy to read and use.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED - This luggage scale has been designed to be user-friendly; it's handle is shaped ergonomically to give a comfortable grip to the user when they are lifting a potentially heavy load. Additionally, the digital display panel is on the top so saves the user from having to bend down or lift the luggage higher to read the weight.
- SIMPLE TECHNOLOGY, BUILT TO LAST - Features a sturdy ON/OFF button which enables you to make sure it switches off when not required. The usage time on the unit depends on the quality of battery used; this reliable model will get you to your destination and back home many times before you even need to consider changing the battery. The luggage strap made of the good quality woven nylon and has metal clips which will clasp the luggage securely. Uses 1x CR2032 battery - battery included.
|Special Features||LS1008 Luggage Scales, Clear digital display, Ergonomic handle, Allows accurate weight measurement up to 50 kg, Endurable nylon webbing with metal clips, Battery included|
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Duronic LS1008W Luggage Scales - WHITE
Travelling can be expensive business. While you are attracted to the cheap flights from low-cost airlines and package deals abroad, you can often get surprised by extra surcharges that you knew nothing about when booking. The costs are hiked for almost everything you need to do.
You can try to predict and pay for most of the expenses ahead of your trip, but what is worse is the surprise expense you didn’t expect to pay – especially when you are returning from your trip having already spent your funds!
At Duronic we can't change the cost of your travel or holiday - but we can help you to avoid some extra charges.
You can avoid excess baggage fees by ensuring you weigh your luggage correctly before travelling. Our luggage scales are ideal for this. Use them to weigh your luggage before you flying so you can be sure that you are not going to be unpleasantly surprised at the airport.
Tips for Travel:
- If you know the weight limit of your luggage allowance before flying, you can share the contents between your carry-on luggage and your checked/haul baggage.
- You can also avoid carrying some items, for instance nappies, baby food, toiletries, snacks etc.., that may be cheaper at your destination rather than paying extra charges for an extra suitcase.
Easy to Use
Easy to use thanks to the simplified strap and hook. Just wrap it around the handle of your case or bag, and attach to the loop on the scale.
This luggage scale is compatible with any luggage up to 50kg which has a strap, a handle or a strap around which the strap could hang.
Kilograms, Pounds & Stone
Depending on where you travel, you may need to convert the weight of your luggage into the local unit of measurement. With the Duronic LS luggage scale this is no longer a problem. At the touch of a button you can change the conversion of the weight easily to Kilograms, Pounds or Stones.
Arrives ready to use, this scale is supplied with a battery to avoid any surprises once en route.
The battery can be replaced easily when needed.
Weighing is easy to do and the strap provided is strong enough to withstand up to 50kg of weight.
Lifting luggage with a scale can be hard, especially with one hand. Which is why our luggage scales are made to fit the shape of your hand. If needed, the scale handle is also shaped to enable both hands to hold either side to lift very heavy luggage.
Clear Digital Display
Thanks to the wide digits, the digital display is easy to read.
Duronic’s Complete Range of Luggage Scales:
LS1008B (black): digital display, weighs in kg/st/lb, weighs up to 50kg, tare function.
LS1008W (white): digital display, weighs in kg/st/lb, weighs up to 50kg, tare function.
LS1013 (silver): digital display, weighs in kg/st/lb, weighs up to 50kg, tare function.
LS1014 (silver): digital display, weighs in kg/st/lb, weighs up to 50kg, tare function, overweight indicator light, programmable.
LS1018 (red): digital display, weighs in kg/st/lb, weighs up to 50kg, tare function, overweight indicator light, built-in spirit level.
LS1019 (white/silver): digital display, weighs in kg/st/lb, weighs up to 50kg, tare function, overweight indicator light, built-in spirit level.
As standard, all of our luggage scales are designed with precision sensors, solid durable straps to support a maximum load of 50kg and an ergonomic handle for easy use.
PLEASE NOTE: always prepare for a possible difference of +/- 1kg compared to the industrial scales at airports because they are not always calibrated daily. Nevertheless, most airline companies take this factor into account and can deduct the calculated weight up to 2kg at their discretion.
Colour Name: LS1008/W
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
1,550 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My favourite part about this scale is the smart design - the shape makes it so easy to lift even the heaviest bags with both hands. The strap seems very strong and durable, looping around the handles of your luggage and doesn't budge or come loose at all whilst picking it up. It's the most lightweight scale I've owned and the slim shape means it's perfect for stashing in any of your bags and won't weigh it down. The digital display seems to be very accurate, maybe 100g or so difference each way especially if your luggage is heavy, so best to be cautious and round up a couple of hundred grams if you're very close to your limit! It also comes with batteries that have lasted the last few months and are still performing perfectly.
I'd absolutely recommend this scale to any travellers - if it helps you avoid just one baggage fee then it's more than paid for itself! It's so much better than the cheaper manual scales on the high street, which are never anywhere near as accurate in my experience (not to mention heavier and bulkier). No more overweight luggage panics - now I can worry more about choosing the perfect souvenirs to take home rather than any nasty surprise penalty fees at the airport!
Like...Yes, No or Maybe So: YES
Why: I have owned a number of different weighing scales in the past and have sampled others, and this is easily the best out of the lots.
-Very sturdy build quality, feel like you could lift a house
-Simple yet very accurate display
-Ergonomically designed in that you can lift most anything from most any angle
-The buckle to fasten is very chunky and safe
-I have used this maybe 50times and still the battery is going strong
-Packs a huge punch without burning a hole in your wallet
-Very hard to say, but being EXTRA critical, I would have made both of the handle the same length to give extra grip space
Comparative Similar Products: Kitchen Scales, definitely not half as good, and food never tastes the same after you stick your muddy suitcase on it
Who would I buy this for: Myself, and basically anyone who is going to be travelling with checked in luggage, or just people who enjoy weighing things!
Conclusion: An excellent product, built to an excellent standard, look no further for weighing scales.
Hope this helps in some way, please feel free to leave any questions or extra helpful hints!
I've bought these scales as I got annoyed with hugging pieces of luggage and going on the scales and then deducting my weight from the weight shown.
My experience has been very good, I haven't needed to replace the battery since I bought it 3 years ago.
The plastic seems to be durable, the nylon strap is heavy duty however I've never tried weighing something heavier than about 30kg , and at the point my hands and I thing the construction was under stress.
Word of warning, do not put your entire trust that these sales will match up with the ones at the airport, as there will always be a 1-2kg difference, why exactly I don't know as airport scales are "supposed" to be calibrated quite often and accurate, which I honestly doubt. I've even had different readings with 2 different scales at the airport which were next to each other, I think it depends a lot of how the luggage is positioned.
I just went and weight a 2L bottle of coke in a heavy duty bag and it showed up as weighing 2,3KG. I then put the bag and bottle on my kitchen scales and it showe, 2257g so 2,25KG.
I don't know if the weight measurement becomes iffy the higher you go, but as long as you leave a 1-2kg margin of error on a 20kg luggage you should be ok.
Even if the scales are correct and the ones at the airport aren't, good luck trying to bring your point across and proving that at the check-in desk.
One thing watch out for the battery as it's inside the clear plastic and difficult to see .
The instructions are miniscule but as you basically turn it on its not a problem.
The scales are comfortable to hold and I have weighed a suite case several times over a few days and the result it always the same,so I guess there pretty accurate.so very happy so far
After a couple of weeks using the luggage scales I have decided there not as good as I first thought.
Now when I weigh the same item I get a different read out I put in a new battery which made no difference so ,I weighed a two kilo bag of sugar and each time it was different
so now I weigh every thing twice my bathroom scales and these and get somewhere in the middle