Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED, 10 LED Lantern & 3 LED Torch - USB Charging Function + 2 Year Warranty
|Sale:||£12.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£17.00 (57%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Duronic Hurricane is the perfect product to accompany you in the dark. If you are on a camping trip, let the Duronic Hurricane be at your side and brighten your trip when the daylight has disappeared. Use it in your tent, on your table, when going out at night or in an SOS situation. You can also use it as an emergency light in your home and garden. The great thing about this piece of kit is that you can charge the unit by hand using the winding handle or via a USB socket.
- With a maximum of 2.25Hrs Lantern time when fully charged you can be sure the Duronic Hurricane will not let you down. Spotlight function: 3 LED bulbs to provide high brightness to cover various distances. Lantern: 10 straw lights to light up the immediate area providing up to 32Lm. Red Flashing Lights: 5 red straw lights that switch the red on and off.
- External Charge function: Charge products like mobile phones (Not smartphone)or mp3 players via the Hurricanes wind up function (USB charge cable for specific product required). Battery: 300mAh rechargeable battery built-in to make the unit highly portable. Carrying Handle: Carry the unit with ease and the handle also allows you to hang the unit
- Multi-Positioning handle: The clever handle built onto the unit allows you to hold the Hurricane is 3 different position to allow best position of light when using the lantern or the torch. Charging: Charge the unit with the cable supplied, you may also with to use a USB mains plug (optional). *A USB charge is recommended every now and then depending on usage to top battery up. Product size - 97*186 mm. Product weight - 320 g
- The Max. luminous flux of spotlight: 18, The Max. luminous flux of lantern: 32, 3-LED spotlight lighting time after 1 minute cranking: 15min. 10-LED lantern lighting time after 1 minute cranking: 6 min. 5-LED red flashing time after 1 minute cranking: 120min. 3-LED spotlight lighting time after being fully charged : 5.5Hrs. 10-LED lantern lighting time after being fully charged: 2.25Hrs. 5-LED red flashing time after being fully charged: 30Hrs.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Size Name: Hurricane
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Duronic 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Lantern and Torch
The Hurricane is a perfect outdoor lighting system as it provides 4 functions:
SOS red light
On a full charge the Lantern will operate for over 2 Hours and the Torch will operate for over 5 Hours.
Charging function works for phones or similar devices ( USB cable required/some smart phones allow this function to work, some don't.
Powers up from a USB charge within 6 Hours.
You may wish to use a USB adaptor (not supplied)
It is recommended to top up the battery with a USB charge every so often depending on usage
Comes with 2 Year Limited Warrantee
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
+ Right, this is tiny, and fits within my hand. It is a Walkman size radio. This is not a problem and the sound output is loud enough for my needs.
+ Has a good volume and I was able to have it on the allotment and I could hear it clearly (half volume) about 10m away.
+ Well-made item and looks like it will last a good amount of time
+ Three methods of charging the radio up.
1) USB lead provided so you can connect to PlayStation/pc/iphone plug and other such means (shows a bright blue light.
2) Light - and I say light because it even charges up when under a normal light bulb. I got a faint (faint blue light) charge when I was outside in rain under full cloud
3) Wind up. All methods work well and it had some power when I got it (shows a bright blue light with minimal effort). I was able to use it out of the box which means its STAY charged ability is at least okay.
+ Simple switch to go between AM and FM frequency
+ Simple dial on the side for volume and another for frequency selection. A green light appears when you hit a radio station. The volume dial is also allows you to turn it off.
+ Sound is okay and emits quite a punch for its size (pardon me for the video clip which is a little loud when I switch the radio on!). It's not a brilliant quality sound, but for me it's perfectly fine. It's a small radio after all. No regrets at all despite my hesitation after I read a lot of the reviews saying it was poor/tinny. It's okay!
+ It doesn't have labels for the frequencies. e.g. radio 1 or radio 2....I understand this is because it's a global product and these names would be redundant elsewhere. Also, it's very small and getting the text on there might be tricky. This isn't a big issue but still I would prefer it had them shown.
+ Not really up to being in the house and it wasn't great at finding a signal within my home, even though my Roberts radio can find a clear station. Its areal is smaller and perhaps the reason for this. I should say the Roberts radio only gets signal in the front rooms. But the Duronic radio is brilliant for its intended use down in the shed/allotment. This makes its ability to charge with sunlight and wind up perfect for the allotment. No more usb charging though.
So I have had this radio for a week so far and I am really happy with it. Not ideal for indoor use due to sound quality and signal quality in my home, but perfect for outdoor use. It can charge even with the slightest amount of sunlight (in full cloud as I said) and I just love it for this! Brilliant little radio! I will provide an updated review if its necessary.
The item works well, it is nice and bright and lasts a long time. Normally I will charge it from USB before I go away, but having the wind up option means I don't have to worry about batteries.
Initially I found it quite difficult to open and shut and this appears to be due to it being weather proof, the secret is to pull out the rubber cover over the charging port and it expands and contracts a lot easier. This is probably a good sign; indicating the lantern is well sealed.
There are a couple of things that could improve it, if it charges using a standard micro USB (same as a phone) you wouldn't have to carry the extra cable. It the central plastic in the top was larger and more transparent it could be used as a troch without expanding it.
Stated usage time after 1 minute cranking; torch 15 mins, lantern 6 mins, red flashing light 2 hrs, then after a full charge from pc [via lead] or adaptor [not supplied]' ; torch 5.5 hrs, lantern 2.25 hrs, red light 30hrs
One question I would like an answer to is 'periodically put the lamp on charge' or words to that effect, seeing it is charged via the laptop I wondered how long it is recommended to be left plugged in before it is deemed to be sufficiently recharged, the laptop wont tell me and neither will the lamp
I have now had this torch over 2 years, it sits on a shelf in the cellar and has had occasional usage, still retaining a bit of power but quickly boosted with the crank handle, what I particularly like is the thought that while it sits idle there is no deteriorating battery corroding terminals, its a brilliant piece of kit
You need to wind up for 10 mins in order to fully charge it. It is quite tiring :(
Hopefully there is a USB charger that you can plug into your labtop if you have one with you.
You will get a bright and intensive light for 2hours / 2hours and 15 mins. The light is fading down slightly after an hour more or less. Not too bad after all!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews