on 12 September 2016
It does the job well. Easy to assemble and fit. HOWEVER, the flex was damaged by an overtight wire tie in the packaging. This was not too much of a problem, as I intended to shorten the flex anyway to connect to a new circuit I was putting in fed from a 6 Amp circuit breaker. Whilst fitting the plug to a shortened flex, I found that as supplied, the plug had a 13 Amp fuse fitted. This is far too high for the flex for the fan - the flex is the sort you may find on a table lamp and the maximum fuse rating should be 3/5 Amp. I would suggest that anyone who has it plugged in to a domestic Ring Main (power Circuit) checks the fuse in the plug and downrates it to 3 Amp. I don't think the flex could handle the current that the fuse will blow at, with consequent fire risk. It may be mine was a 'one off', but suggest that you ere on the side of safety. Incidentally, the fuse is shown as being to BS 1362, but is still intact at 20 Amps under test!
on 10 January 2017
Overview: Loud, cheap feeling, good remote, powerful even on lowest setting, very short cable.

Extremely loud fan. I believe this is to do with the fan blades which are much weaker than my other fan. How anyone can call this quiet is beyond me (it is significantly louder than my Sainsburys own brand fan of the same size). It is however very powerful even on the lowest setting, so that's the trade off and is clearly designed to be placed on a wall in an office. The remote control is a big plus, but the cable is tiny. This is suitable if you have a power socket on the wall were u want to place the fan (as in some offices I've seen).
on 27 February 2017
Fan arrived very quickly and definately looks worth the price. (£17 including delivery)

Power - 60w is noticable and a fair increase from other fans i have. Even a low setting is a good blow and when it gets hotter the top speed will be welcomed.

Noise - its quite a loud fan even on low setting. I sleep all year round with a fan on and its one of the loudest I have used.

Sturdy - its not a cheap build as i expected from some reviews. The base is more than able to handle the power it pumps without moving and it looks much better than most budget fans.

Assembly - it was easy to do without and quite obvious without need for instructions. The hardest part was putting the fan cage on. 2 pairs of hands helped for that.
on 28 July 2016
Well built and sturdy. 3 stars because even on lowest setting it is very noisy. Got this fan for the bedroom but far to load on lowest setting, and I'm a heavy sleeper. Even tried using in living room instead but still far to noisy and distracting. On the plus side it does move the air around very well and remote control works perfectly.
on 17 July 2016
My second fan from Duronic and I will not buy a fan made by anyone else they don't come close..
on 6 October 2016
Smart looking. Good quality and easy to assemble. Various settings. Has 'wind mode' in which the fan automatically keeps slowing down and speeding up, presumably imitating a windy day. The cordless controller is a Godsend when in bed. As with any fan of this type, its fairly noisy. The round base is effective although necessarily quite large so needs space. Three speeds, use the highest speed and you will likely need to hold onto the bed-frame! Has a timer so it will turn itself off when you have gone to sleep.
on 8 April 2017
A reasonable price fan. Works fine and I hope it will last few years. Good thing about this fan is it's base I had similar fans in past but due to base got broken I had to throw them away though the motor was working perfectly fine.
I recommend this fan at this price. The reason only gave 4 starts is that the manual is not very well explained and I just assembled it with my knowledge, otherwise you can easily break it.
on 14 July 2017
Well reading the reviews I was hesitant on buying this but considering the price I took a punt. What on earth are folk moaning at - it was built and running in less than 10 minutes. I can agree it does sound like a hover craft when its on full pelt but for me thats not an issue as I need some kind of white noise to drowned out my snooring bulldog who sleeps near me. I'm well happy with it - it looks smart and does a mega job!.
on 16 July 2017
Really pleased with my new fan. It arrived very quickly and was packaged well. It was easy to mount on the wall and looks amazing. The remote is definatly an added bonus. Will be recommending to family and friends.
review image
on 12 July 2017
An excellent fan with a super cool setting no 3
Doesn't topple over
Also it's very easy to assemble and will be easy to dismantle to clean before storage.
Well deserves 5 stars.