TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 September 2016
I brought these because I brought other Duracell batteries for my wifes cannon and they are performing fine. Like my wife I didn't want to put unknown brand batteries into my camera. Also, I hate the fact that manufacturers and camera shops scalp people for batteries because they are an essential extra (looking at you Jessops).

Ok, batteries are not the most exciting thing in the world. But I have lost count of the amount of times legendary shot has come up but my camera is out of power (all the muttered expletives in the world do not cover the frustration). So when I found these for £8 each and the manufacturers version is 3 x the price, I brought two and saved £8. Both are as expected in Duracell packaging and charging instructions/guarantee. There is nothing to suggest these are anything but genuine Duracell batteries. According to the spec these have 50mAh more capacity than the official ones.

I have tested these in my camera and everything looks fine and working well. I will update this review after some time using and discharging/charging to confirm if they perform as well as the official Nikon battery.
on 2 July 2017
The battery is anexcellent and fits the camera like a Nikon battery - no need for tweezers to remove it - like another replacement I bought! My one grouse was the large box the battery came in - too big for a letter box - totally unecessary for a card less than 6inches!
on 11 July 2017
An effective spare battery for my camera promptly delivered.
on 20 June 2017
good item
on 24 April 2012
I use this duracell as a backup for my Nikon P500 and I'm very impressed with it, the battery life is as good if not better than the Nikon battery I got with the camera. It also keeps its charge for long when left in the camera bag.
on 4 June 2011
After being let down by some of the cheaper Nikon replacements on the market, I am still hesitant to give the thumbs up to any replacement until extensive testing has taken place.
John Bentley. Liverpool. So far so good. After checking this battery for some 8 months I can say it is a good product and will hold it,s charge in the camera case for a long time! Another update October 2013 after about 30 charges the original Nikon camera battery supplied with the new camera failed but the Duracell is still working fine.
33 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2011
Replacement battery from a reputable manufacturer at half the price of the Nikon branded version. So far works fine - only time will tell if it continues to hold charge!
on 18 February 2013
I chose this because it's much cheaper than the Nikon original, and Duracell should guarantee a quality product.

I say this because I have another (unbranded) EN-EL5 rechargeable battery, also from Amazon, that worked okay in my Coolpix P80 and P90, but bulged slightly to make it very difficult to extract from my Coolpix P510 - not good out on a walk. The other pattern battery never held charge as well as the Nikon original. The Duracell version arrived really quickly, charged rapidly and - so far - seems to be capable of holding charge for a satisfactory number of shots; and it fits perfectly, popping up when the latch is pushed aside. So, subject to more use, one very happy customer. Longer term use has proven this to be a very good performer; it holds charge just as well as the Nikon original and has become my trusted travel choice. A great product at a good price. We're planning a holiday in SE Asia in 2016 and I'm planning to buy another of these batteries to make sure I don't miss any opportunities with my P510.

I guess that says it all, a repeat customer?
on 8 June 2017
I purchased a duracell enel5, although not via Amazon. It is slightly bigger than the Nikon original and I have to use tweezers to remove it from the camera.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2012
The battery came well packed ans with instructions. As original Nikon batteries as so expensive I have extras for my Coolpix P500. The Duracell I have just purchased and used while on holiday last week worked OK. I charged it before use and it lasted equally as long as the Nikon one. Time will tell but I am seriously thinking of purchasing another as some of the cheaper makes I purchased last year are OK for as spares but do not take as many photos before needing a recharge.