Dubai: The Vulnerability of Success Paperback – 8 May 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Mr. Davidson nicely lays out this flashy emirate's astonishing ascent from tiny fishing and pearling village to global hub.' --New York Times
'Davidson traces Dubai's rise from sleepy Gulf port to player on the world scene. --Los Angeles Times
'Davidson has produced the first academic book specifically on Dubai, which is already becoming essential reading for anyone interested in the history, economy or socio-politics of this emirate.' --International Affairs
About the Author
Christopher M. Davidson is a fellow of the Institute for Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies at Durham University. He is a former assistant professor of political science at Sheikh Zayed University in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and the author of The United Arab Emirates: A Study in Survival.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I think the threat of terrorism to this success is also overdone. The IRA tried hard in London for 25 years and did not prevent the city's success. Similarly the concentration on side-issues to modern Dubai like money laundering and prostitution are over-stated - again you would not see such things mentioned in a study of London, although the prevalence of both is obvious enough. But this book does take knowledge about modern Dubai an important step forward and perhaps it is too much to expect a fully comprehensive study.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics > Development
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > Middle East
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Middle East