Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 9 August 2012
I searched a long time for this toaster style oven as opposed to microwave ovens.

Perfect for one or two people and takes a 10" pizza size with no problem.

It reaches pre-heat temp in about 6 mins and there's a convection (fan) setting which apparently cooks faster.

There are 3 shelf levels (top/middle/bottom) but only one wire shelf is supplied.

Shelf width is exactly 31cm and I found a small 31cm non-stick tray in Tesco's (Tesco brand) which fit perfectly - so, I bought 3 at about a fiver each. Not sure how it would cook using all 3 at the same time - but I tried 2 shelves yesterday and that was great with lamb and roast potatoes - yummy. That took about 25 mins total from cold.

I've baked puff pastries in it (apple turnovers) and great little apple pies using ready made pastry :)

The bottom slides out completely for easy cleaning.

Top quality product, looks and works great!

I'd be lost without it; worth every penny!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
99 Comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2013
So far so good. Getting used to small cooking, everything has cooked and baking fine. Good for a small family x2............
on 17 July 2017
Bakes cakes better than my biig oven!
on 27 April 2017
Excellent product use all the time.
on 3 June 2013
This is a well made and good looking oven which does the job well. Cooking with the convection function is not quicker than the normal oven setting - it is slower - but it does say that in the booklet. The inner walls are good quality non-stick and are easy to wipe clean - no fiddly nooks and crannies. I would have liked an inner light but I'm glad I bought it.
on 14 July 2014
Looks great and worked well for 2 weeks then the power light stopped coming on. Are they really British made? Returned for a refund.
on 12 March 2017
I would say that in my opinion the item could do with a light in it. As to see what's going on inside you have to have a torch.
The temperature was found to be not very accurate and we have to have a small temp gauge hanging off shelf on a wire to check.
In this day and age I would think that we should be keeping the heat in the oven, rather than letting it escape to the room ( or as the manufacturer
puts it plate warming???)
Not as good as our old Delonghi fan mini oven. I thought as this was a British made product it would be better.
on 17 August 2015
This is my third mini oven. The first was too small, the second too big (and couldn't get up to temperature). This one is just right. Compact, looks good and cooks rather than heats- it packs a punch. I'm delighted with it. The smaller 'grill' insert isn't a shelf. It sits in the solid baking tray provided and is great for things like breaded chicken pieces or things that shouldn't sit on a solid base. First time you switch it on, heed the safety advice about location and put the temperature right up, open some windows and open the oven door a couple of times. It puffs a bit of horrible smoke initially which is best burnt off before you put any food in.
on 5 January 2014
I bought this mini oven when we moved home to a house with only a range which takes days of forward planning and a lot of oil. We love cooking and baking so I was quite excited about it, it looks great, and as there are only two of us I thought it would quite easily meet our needs.
Unfortunately this oven has been incredibly frustrating to use. The timer is irritating and has only 4 markers, 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes so it is difficult to be precise. I can not comment on how accurate it is as I always use the timer on my phone which is specific to the second. I don't really know why the timer is included, people manage to use a standard oven without one.
The worst aspect is the temperature control, offering basically two options - off and nuke. The dial has 4 numbers on it, 100, 140, 180 and 230 which does not exactly suggest subtlety, but they bear absolutely no relation to the internal temperature. Using an oven thermometer and literally standing over it I can get by. This evening I have baked two mini sponges. I set the oven to just below the required temperature of 170 on the dial. It reached 210. I lowered it, with the door open, to 100 and eventually, by standing staring at it for ten minutes and constantly changing the setting I was able to settle it on 170. The dial was a fraction above 140 by that point. With a thermometer I could of course get used to the dial being inaccurate, it's the fact that it is so inconsistent. As per the title, so disappointed.
11 Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2015
I have had this 2 years and now have to throw it away. It does not heat hot enough for baked potatoes and roasties. It is OK for ready meals. It is no good for pizza using the extended hole at the back as it is not warm enough. When I tried to clean it a bit of water got in the double-glazed bit so ruining it as there is now a permanent trickle inside the oven door, is difficult nigh impossible to get the tiny screws out to get to inside the double glazed. I used one that was a whole hundred pounds cheaper than this and it got hot enough. However I must say it looks good. But is looking good enough?