Customer reviews

Style Name: Coffee Grinder|Change

on 20 February 2017
Such a shame - I had high hopes for this reading so many positive reviews, but sadly like the negative reviews I too find this totally unsuitable for Espresso machines, I actually tested the grind level on the highest and lowest setting and cannot tell any difference in the grind. Fortunately Amazon have been great and agreed to refund me so I am now on the lookout for a better grinder :(

I'm sure if you don't have or want to grind for an espresso machine, then you will probably be very happy with it.
on 24 September 2015
Bought this as an upgrade to my long serving Krups GVX231. I had been using the Krups for a number of years, and felt the grind was not fine enough any more, and the size of the ground coffee was also inconsistent.

The Dualit is definitely better.
It grinds the coffee quicker, and because it is a true conical burr grinder (rather than 2 flat grinding wheels) the coffee is not heated as much in the process. You can see this by comparing the same beans in the two machines. The Krups grind comes out darker.

The end result is that the coffee tastes stronger, and more like an espresso should.
Best grinder under £100?
Possibly!
on 27 April 2017
Using this with a Gaggia espresso machine and quality beans I'm getting a superb coffee with good crema every time.When I read the blurb about the conical grinder being better than blades I must admit that I though it was hype but the fact is the difference is astounding. It's beautifully made too.
on 6 December 2013
This is our second Dualit grinder - the first one was damaged when my husband decided to take it apart to give it a good clean. We then bought a Bodum as I felt it was a more attractive & smaller grinder, it was but it did not grind coffee beans finely enough for a great espresso. We returned it and bought another Dualit - a really good grinder is more important than a good looking one! This Dualit does the job perfectly!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 February 2014
There are really only two reasonably priced burr grinders on the market - from Krups and Dualit respectively. I've used a Krups for about 10 years but when the burrs started to wear, I thought I'd try the Dualit, although it's somewhat more expensive. Having used it for about a month, I'm pretty pleased with it. Some features of the design represent significant improvements on the Krups. For instance, the upper burr is held in place by the hopper, so it can't jump out during the grind (which was an occasional but annoying habit with the Krups). Also, the ground container is a much more sensible shape, both for pouring and for washing and drying. The shape of the upper burr (which is completely removable) also makes cleaning very easy. There is, unfortunately, one ill-thought out component - the timer control. This is a simple wheel with no separate click positions corresponding to cups (which would be nice - and easily implemented) and very little friction. So you've got to make sure that it hasn't been accidentally moved between uses. So, only 4 stars, I'm afraid.
on 23 December 2016
If you've had bad luck with standard blade coffee grinders that can't grind fine enough for your machine espressos, this is the 'burr' grinder you're looking for. This has 10 grind settings so is very versatile. I would recommended this as it consistently delivers and looks great in your kitchen as well!
on 9 February 2014
I'm not sure what to say about this other than it is brilliant. I had a little bit of trouble working out how to get the dispenser to fit on as the instructions weren't great, but apart from that it is fantastic. It has several different settings for grind size so I can now make an appropriate grind for my Aeropress. The setting for the number of cups you want to make is also handy.

Only real downside is it's loud, but that doesn't really bother me.
on 3 April 2017
Good machine...works well....But does not grind coarse enough for french press...So I have sent it back for a refund
on 6 March 2014
This is far superior to my previous grinder that used a rotating blade. This is a burr grinder that turns beans into a much finer powder. It seems to be built to a high quality level & is easy to use as well as looking good. It's all-in-one which also makes like easy, catching the ground coffee without any spillage.
on 12 June 2017
This is the third one of these Ive had. The first lasted 3 yrs+. The second one died after 7 months. Have replacex wit third. Mostly excellent machine