Dualit 72022 Cordless Jug Kettle Chrome with Black Trim
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Poished stainless steel body
- Heatproof handles
- Removable limescale filter
- Water level indicator
- 1.5 litre capacity
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Stylish Stainless Steel Jug Kettle
All Dualit kettles offer style and durability and have many things in common. Every model is made from polished stainless steel and is fitted with heatproof handles. The lids have large, heatproof ball knobs with finger guards.
The Cordless Jug Kettle is fitted with a removable limescale filter and has a large water indicator on either side. The Axis base enables the kettle to be placed on at any rotary angle.
Top Customer Reviews
1. It seems to be well-made and solidly built.
2. It looks GREAT (and I've not had any problems keeping it looking good - it just needs an occasional polish).
3. It boils relatively quickly and quietly.
4. There are no problems reboiling the water in a hot kettle (you know how some kettles have an oversensitive shut-off switch and won't reboil).
5. It is just as easy to use right or left handed.
6. The hideaway cable system is very handy - keeps the kitchen surface looking neat.
7. It pours nicely.
1. Although most of the water pours out perfectly, if you plan on emptying the kettle, the last few drops don't come out very easily because they get stuck behind the filter attachment. To get them out you have to fully invert the kettle.
2. You can't easily fill the kettle through the spout, unless you run the tap quite slowly. (In fact, the instructions specifically tell you not to, but I've ignored that!) However, the lid does pull off and on very easily.
Overall this is an excellent kettle with just the two niggles I've mentioned above. I can't comment on the filter system because I live in a soft water area so don't need to use it.
One final point: - because it is metal, the outside of the kettle does get hotter than an equivalent plastic kettle. This is not in any way a problem for adults, but you may want to bear it in mind if you have younger children.
Hope this was helpful.
Have soldiered on with the leak but now really have to change and we've only had it two years. Is it my imagination or are dualit sacrificing their quality to enter the mass market?
It appears that you cannot even buy spare rubber seals, not the quality we expected from Dualit.
I came home today to find the fuses triped-out on the consumer unit and water all over the worktop. I really would have expected better from a relatively expensive appliance. I bought this one about two years ago.
Dualit - They make a great Toaster...
That was 18 months ago.
It then leaked so badly (while we were away for the weekend) that the water damaged the furniture on which it was sitting. I assumed it was a one-off fault that any manufacturer might suffer, but there appear to be too many similar reports for this to be a likely explanation.
At least it isn't made of the proverbial chocolate (although, if it had been, I might have had some warning of the potentially expensive and inconvenient trouble to come).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Again bought this because we had the Toaster for years. Have a bit of a love hate relationship with the toaster as it appears not toast evenly. Read morePublished on 19 Mar. 2012 by TEX1950
It looks good, it boils water quickly - what more could you want? Well perhaps one that lasts a long time! Read morePublished on 3 Nov. 2011 by Mark M
This is a terrible kettle, never again will I spluge on a kettle when I could of had a cheaper one that would of lasted. Read morePublished on 28 Aug. 2011 by L Requena
We bought this kettle four years ago. Just over 1 year after initial purchase it started to leak. They replaced it despite it being out of warranty as it was a known fault. Read morePublished on 19 Sept. 2010 by RobbyJ
We've had our kettle for around 2 years...
Initially the lid wouldn't fit. I called Dualit who told me the lid was 'adjustable'. Read more
I didnt pay for my first kettle, as was a bonus at work, as other reviews, the clear side parts cracked and leaked badly. Read morePublished on 23 Feb. 2010 by C. Horwill
Like many other reviewees, I too have purchased this kettle. Within six months, the clear window had cracked and the kettle started leaking everywhere. Read morePublished on 29 Dec. 2009 by Mrs. S. Hardacre
We bought this kettle in the belief that it would be as robust as the famous Dualit toasters.........big mistake! Read morePublished on 29 Sept. 2009 by A Smith