Customer reviews

on 12 June 1998
I have done quite a few DIY drywall projects in the past. All the written resources I have used before have left a lot to be desired, unfortunately so did my results. This book is a four course meal with dessert. I wish I had three hands so I could hold a taping knife, a hawk, and this book, all at the same time. This book comes as close to a step-by-step guide as you can get. The target audience is definately the homeowner Do-It-Yourselfer. Great Job Mr. Ferguson, and Taunton Press! I'm going to do brick work for my next project, I hope I find a book as good as this one to help out.
on 11 March 1999
The past headaches and nightmares of having contractors perform my remodeling projects has motivated me to become "handy". One of my first projects was drywalling my master bedroom. I had zero experience doing this so I bought Ferguson's book and went to work. The room looks great thanks to this book. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to avoid the expense and frustrations of using contract help for their drywall projects.
on 13 November 2010
Bought this book, as wanted slightly less 'generic' information than the stuff you find in an average home DIY book. Recently qualified as a plasterer and just wanted a book to refer back to now and then (without trawling through the technical books!!)

This book is easy to read, slightly more basic than I thought and not too sure about the 'professional techniques' more 'common sense techniques' but none the less I wasn't disappointed...
on 4 January 1999
I never knew there was so much to drywall. I've read this book several times while remodeling my house and find a new tip every time. Most books of this type leave much to be desired. This one is truly helpful and comprehensive.