- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Drowning: Prevention, Rescue, Treatment Hardcover – 23 Apr 2015
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“The purpose is to further the understanding of drowning with an emphasis on prevention, rescue, and treatment. … It is most appropriate for those in the medical specialties of emergency medicine and critical care, but, based on the obligation to provide disease prevention and anticipatory guidance, it is also appropriate for any healthcare providers involved in the care of children and adults.” (Michael D. Zwank, Doody’s Book Reviews, October, 2015)
From the Back Cover
Since the first edition of the Handbook on Drowning in 2005, many epidemiological data have confirmed the burden of drowning in several parts of the world. Studies have increased the understanding of effective drowning prevention strategies, rescue techniques, and treatment options. Much has been learned about submersion and immersion hypothermia, SCUBA-diving injuries, the life-saving preparations of water-related disasters and how to deal with forensic investigations. In this updated second edition, experts from around the world provide a complete overview of current research data, consensus statements and expert opinions. The book Drowning provides evidence-based practical information and has a unique informative value for various groups with tasks, duties and responsibilities in this domain. In addition, the book may be an inspiration for future networks and research initiatives.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Cardiovascular
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Accident & Emergency Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Anaesthetics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Forensics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Surgery
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Accident & Emergency Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z