Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£9.99|
Save £3.00 (30%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
The Drone Pilot's Handbook Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 162 pages|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire Tablets
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
On balance a recommended read for novices to the world of drone flying.
The Complete Guide to Drones
Of the two this one is the simpler and although good for adults too would be the better choice for younger readers.
(Or someone a little like me that wants to get on with flying)
But even a simple read will improve your skill and enjoyment so much that you will keep coming back to the book time and time again to use those ideas and tips simply because they work, make your flying better and more fun.
Although it is simple and has really good illustrations do not be fooled that this book is not a good choice to learn techniques, tips and rules about flying drones.
Far from it.
Even a with a quick glance I picked up tens of ideas and tips that I simply did not know.
For example Juniper recommends that if you are photographing and videoing do it at dawn or a couple of hours before sunset.
The light is filtered more by the atmosphere and the golden effect makes the pics look fabulous rather than the starkness of full mid day sun.
A simple idea that I did not know.
Just like in his book the Complete Guide to Flying Drones Juniper has that happy knack of educating whilst entertaining the reader.
You find yourself wanting to read everything at once in one large chunk because the book is so excellent.Read more ›
This is really a sort of small format drone coffee table book.,
If you are looking for a guide on how to fly your drone then keep on looking,
I liked the format, lots of simplistic large format block illustrations make the book a colourful, easier read for young people by breaking up the blocks of text.
For anyone who is completely new to flying drones there is a useful Glossary that explains all the terminology they are likely to come across, including that used by keen hobbyists.
There is a separate section with advice for those who fly drones fitted with cameras, a chapter dedicated to comprehensive safety advice, ideas for interesting games, projects and exercises to undertake (categorised as 'Missions') advice on piloting skills, how the drone actually works, and some background information on them.
A comprehensive index helps dip in readers find the information they want quickly. Some may find the illustrations somewhat child-like for their taste, but equally if you are buying this for a young person these may be just what they need to engage them and help them to get the most out of their new hobby.
Most recent customer reviews
I wanted to give this as a kindle gift but it automatically downloaded to my account. I thought I had followed the instructions at... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Cricmallite
Some have said that the lack of text ruins this book but I think it makes it.
If you want a detailed and holistic guide to drones look elsewhere but if you want the... Read more
A good book for new drone pilots, not so much for people already involved in flying aerial craft, as the tips tend to be quite obvious simple things to those who've been flying a... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Curtis Parfitt-Ford
Very good book for Drone lovers, very simple and very explanatory especially for newbies. I love the content very refreshing and not very technical. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Nikolaos Lodakis
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Video
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Models & Model-Making
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film
- Books > Reference > Consumer Guides
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Astronautics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Digital Electronics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Digital Media > Video Production
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Home & Garden > Crafts & Hobbies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Technology & Engineering > Electronics