- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: J.P.Tarcher,U.S./Perigee Bks.,U.S. (20 Sept. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0143111264
- ISBN-13: 978-0143111269
- Product Dimensions: 14.5 x 2.2 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 976,820 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Drinks: A User's Guide Hardcover – 20 Sep 2016
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A thoroughly useful and enjoyable compendium of drinking lore and knowledge, with an ample dose of much-needed cynicism, too often lacking in books of this type."
--Philip Greene, co-founder of The Museum of the American Cocktail and author of To Have and Have Another: A Hemingway Cocktail Companion
"There is, as yet, no perfect user's guide for life. But for the many moments in our lifetimes when a decent drink is required--whether it's a crisp pilsner on a summer afternoon, a glass of champagne on a special day, or a dry martini when the clock strikes five--Adam McDowell's Drinks: A User's Guide has you covered."
--Paul Clarke, executive editor of Imbibe magazine, and author of The Cocktail Chronicles
--Christine Sismondo, author of America Walks Into a Bar
About the Author
Adam McDowell is the booze columnist for The National Post, where his weekly advice on beer, wine, and cocktails has appeared since 2006. He is also the regular drinks expert on television's The Social, a daytime talk and lifestyle program. He is based in Toronto.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com