Customer reviews

on 2 October 2016
Like most women, I have curves, and trying to get dress patterns to fit me used to be a nightmare! This book helped me to understand that (the majority of) standard dress patterns are actually made to fit someone who is a B cup (no matter what size the rest of the patterns is); no wonder I had problems, I am an F cup! The book was clear and concise, showing you how to get your correct body measurements, working out which pattern size you actually are (this bears no relation to your high street clothes size!), and how to make the adjustments you need to get your perfect fit; this includes all aspects of fit, not just the bust.

This book is a must for anyone who makes their own clothes, whether you are curvy or not, it will show you how to make alterations so that your handmade clothes fit like a glove, and make the most of the assets you want them to!
on 14 May 2014
This book concentrates on how to manipulate dress patterns to ensure a good fit. I found the detailed diagrams easy to follow and this should be a valuable reference for the future. there is quite a bit of detail about sewing techniques and also about body shape relating to the best designs for your shape. One warning, this book seems to have come out at with two titles at the same time. As you cannot preview the content, I can't be certain but I think it is exactly the same as " Dressmaking to flatter your shape" by the same author. I chose this version simply because their were better used deals available.
on 2 May 2013
this book has a lot of information, I am very pleased it has a lot of very good pictures you can see what you need to do