on 5 October 2017
I umed and ahhed about whether to buy a 'proper' Dremel or a cheap-and-cheerful, but having used this now, I can safely say the extra cost (though not massive) was well worth it! It looks the job and does the job; so much so that I'm looking for other little jobs around the house so that I can 'play' with it again! lol
Nice assortment of basic tools to get you going and many other optional additions can be purchased further on down the line.
Arrived in a timely manner, well packaged and presented; although some acknowledgement from the seller would have been nice. Those are the little things that keep the customer coming back, dontcha know!
Still, I can't grumble about anything to do with this product. The number of stars tells you all you need to know!
Quite frankly, I can't see why anyone would go anywhere else...
8 people found this helpful
on 22 July 2017
Used this to cut the heads of very hard to reach large bolts in an old truck. This isn't really the ideal use for this product however after a good few discs and leaving it to cool down regularly it got the job one and still works so pretty impressed.

The included parts are fairly decent, a few more wouldn't have hurt. The case is very nice, sturdy, and since it's not moulded to the tool's shape you can use it for anything you like.

Dropping a point for the absolutely atrocious manual though, I've never seen anything as bad. Granted it's a simple enough tool to use, but that makes it all the more confusing as to how the manual is so bad. If you do get stuck then there's some good videos on youtube on how to use it.
6 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 November 2017
A great Cyber Monday purchase when on offer!

I bought this Multi-tool mainly for woodwork and cleaning metal, but am looking forward to seeing what else this clever bit of kit can do.

The Dremel 3000's body is not as bulky as I thought it would be (and not as heavy as I thought it would be) - especially as they have an optional attachment for 'fine details' with a flexbile cable and smaller tool end. If anything, I am now eager to buy this attachment to see what level of control and detail can be achieved as the base unit itself is so good!

Speed is easy to control with a variable slide switch and changing tools/bits is very easy and straightforward.

The build quality is overall pretty good. The kit comes in a semi-rigid neoprene case which is great to keep all attachments in and keep the unit clean. There is a soft rubber grip to prevent the tool from slipping and the rest of the body is made from a good quality plastic.

The one thing that concerns me is the blue button which is used to hold the shaft still whilst you change tips. It doesn't feel flimsy, but I imagine over time this will become either 'sticky' or fail. I have used it a few times and the motion of this button just doesn't feel as smooth as it perhaps should be. Ideally, this button and all mechanism underneath it should have been made of metal to give a stronger hold of the shaft (hence the one star mark down).

Apart from that, the rest of the unit is great and it is still very good value for money.
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 3 November 2017
As per title, this died 5 weeks after receipt, but that was only after using twice. Seems a fairly common problem with this model in the speed controller causing issues. This was bought to replace a same model that was just about a year old and died with the same problem.
Won’t bother with this model again, it’s just a cheap product with a dremel label, not quality
7 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 6 July 2017
Used it for raking out grout in front walkway. Very precise control, much better than an angle grinder and allows to even enter tiny gaps, unlike a multi-tool. Two drawbacks: Diamond wheels are very expensive (yet necessary for grout raking) and of you press to hard, the rotation speed quickly reduces. I view it as a good feedback, though. It usually means I should back off a bit I order to protect my wheels. All in all, highly recommended. Also good for removing stripped screws or removing some material from a door latch in a very tight spot.
on 25 December 2017
The length of wire from the end of the product to the plug end is well over one metre so great there. There is also a stainless steel hook for storage. The connects are fast connect and disconnect as fast as replacing a drill bit on a cordless drill.

It can be held really easily in the hand and surprizingly the vibrations are very low indeed. As a result it can be used for long periods of time when no issues to the end user.

This comes with a host of extra pieces, it also takes existing parts you may already have. The rpm is excellent and the product is clearly built to a high level.

It is robost and sturdy, there is an variable knob for increasing/decreasing the speed of the motor. This depends on the material being cut.

It can cut through steel roads easily, as well as hard woods and plastics. This is a product I would buy again if this one ever dies, which although I have been trying it refuses to quit.

Hope this helps someone :-)
3 people found this helpful
on 27 February 2018
Great piece of kit for not a lot of money, though I'm quickly destroying my surroundings - I'm not the sort of person who should be equipped with the Swiss Army Knife of all power-tools.

Seriously though it's a great tool, the included bits are useful but to get the most out of it I'd recommend checking out some of the many accessory kits available.

Oh, and trust me you want some work gloves, eye protection and probably a dust mask - this thing spins really fast, debris will fly in your face.
4 people found this helpful
on 2 January 2018
Really good tool, slowest setting is nice and slow for plastics. Something for modellers to consider.

UPDATE. A week into using and its now burned out, and sounds like a bunch of gravel inside, slow speeds dont work. returning to amazon
on 18 April 2018
This tool may be good for very small and quick jobs, but anything more intense will break it in quick order. I've used this Dremel for several sanding jobs, where I had to smooth the inner surface of a hole. For such a delicate work, with little pressure, the tool performed fairly well. However, a job that had me cut through an awkwardly placed piece of wood (hence the use of the Dremel), with the Dremel speed click wood cutting wheel, required me to cut at a moderate pressure for about 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, with a few breaks to allow the device to cool down, it stopped working. Taking it apart, I found that one of the connectors to the coil has broken off. I'm not confident I can fix it so that it holds for an extended time period, and as a result, I started looking for a similar product from a different brand. I'd buy a Dremel for my son to play with, but I won't be using one for real work anymore.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 January 2018
Stopped working after two uses, loose connection in speed adjustment or something like that, poor manufacturing, shame really as it is a good tool, just not manufactured to a high enough spec.