Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

on 18 June 2015
We recently had a really badly done grout job on lovely new tiles. The grout all needed removing and re-doing. Nightmare! I ordered a Dremel machine and 2 grout bits; this one (1.6mm) and the 3.2mm one. I had great success with this DREMEL 1.6mm bit, which cut like butter into the grout, and with a gentle side movement I could edge right along the border of each tile without actually touching the tiles and grind out every bit of grout down to a level of about 3mm, which was sufficient to re-grout successfully. HOWEVER, on my first attempt I tried the larger Dremel 3.2mm grout removal bit and it was just too big. Even with my nerves of steel, a steady hand and good eye site, within minutes the 3.2mm nicked the edge of one of my new tiles, which cracked the tile and snapped the Dremel 3.2mm bit. So the bottom line is, the Dremel grout removal bit worked fabulously, and this 1.6mm bit is the one I'd recommend.
on 13 April 2017
arrived in good time,started the grout removal from my bathroom tiles,but this tool was not up to the job after clearing the grout from 2x 9''x6'' tiles it started to show visible signs of wear started the next tile and the tip disintigrated entirely,only another 100 tiles to do,so this tool was a waste of money.purchased a multi tool and diamond cut attachment and completed the job.
on 25 May 2017
Works reasonably, but does break very esaily, so take care. Still a lot quicker to remove grout than by hand. Would not recommend the added cost of purchasing a Dremel Wall and Floor Grout removal Kit, (well not for wall tiles).
on 16 July 2017
Bought several of these in the past ! It broke within five mins of first use, Amazom have been fantastic full refund and as it damage a shower door and cut me very badly some help to cover replacement costs. Well done Amazon and big thank you to Lizzie a real credit to the company. Best regards Paul
on 4 July 2017
Nice spare grout bit.
on 29 June 2017
Very disappointed considering all other dremel bits I have are of good quality this one broke after doing 4 tiles and I took my time and didn't put and pressure on the bit either
on 10 March 2014
excellent product done the job
on 19 December 2016
Works very well if used carefully and precisely. Having read reviews suggesting that this product would snap easily and that you might need to buy more than one, I was a bit anxious about how it would perform. In the end, I needn't have worried. The product works really well and is easy to use - either free-hand or using the stabilising tool for the Dremel (actually fits on another hand-held tool I have too).

The key here is to remember that the tool is mainly for taking out small amounts of grout that need to be touched up. If you were doing a very large job, you'd probably be better off using something like the Bosch grout removing tool. However, if what you need is to remove a couple of tiles or remove a small amount of grout (e.g. a metre or two at a time) then this is perfect.

Just don't push too hard at the tip and let it do the cutting for you (suitably supported) and it won't snap off as suggested by other reviewers. This is relatively easy for me since I use fine powered tools like this all the time for my work but is something that all dedicated DIY'ers should be able to manage too.
on 10 April 2017
Very expensive and quickly worn on simple grout.
on 18 June 2016
Worked beautifully, so much easier than one of those grout scrapers (which i gave up on after doing about 3in of grout).
Did snap after doing about 25 tiles, but it was well worth ~£10.