Drayton Wiser Plug
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- A smart plug that's easy to add in seconds to your existing Wiser system via the app (requires the Wiser Heat Hub).
- Control your electricals and set individual schedules anywhere and anytime using the app, set up to 8 events per day.
- Use voice commands to control your electricals, Wiser is compatible with voice assistants including Amazon Alexa.
- For peace of mind, turn appliances like irons off from anywhere via the Wiser app.
- Compatible with IFTTT for greater flexibility and convenience.
- Features a built-in range extender to boost signal to all your Wiser devices.
- Wiser system supports up to 10 smart plugs.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Elixir Gardens ® Plug In Analogue Thermostat Controller Heating Cooling
Drayton Wiser Radiator Thermostat White
Drayton 1-Channel Wiser Thermostat Control Kit White
Drayton Wireless Wiser Additional Thermostat White (Requires Heating Hub)
NASHONE Programmable Wireless RF Thermostat Plug with Timer, 2.4GHz Remote Control - Built in Temperature Sensor, Perfect Thermostat for Most Heating or Cooling Appliances. 3680W
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Elixir Garden Supplies||Fair Shop For All||MV TRADE||Box Limited||Nash-Tech|
Set schedules for home appliances from the wiser heat App, this smart plug can be controlled from your phone or by using voice activation with the Google assistant and Amazon Alexa. The built in range Extender also enables connectivity to devices sited further away from the heat Hub
183 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The bottom line. I really like this system and having researched all the major systems for weeks prior to buying I would certainly buy this again.
The app and security need improving and it would be good to see some logs and statistical information, hence only 4 stars. It's definitely a 5* product once the app and security matures.
The system works very well - I love the granular control it provides. Much better than Nest at keeping room temperatures constant - I returned Nest as rooms were either too hot or too cold.
Having individual radiator controls with each being able to turn the boiler on/off gives excellent control and will save money if used wisely.
Radiator valve are reasonably priced by comparison to competitors (SF selling them for 35 pounds each) and if you already have thermostatic valves you will probably only need to replace a few of them. I ran the system beneficially with just the two valves that came with the kit, I have since ordered two more but will probably leave the remaining rooms on the old valves as they are not used often.
Some reviews mention issues with Danfoss RAS-C valves but we have these valves on all radiators and I haven't had any issues with them. I would say though that you need to read the instructions and follow them to the letter - installation isn't difficult but if you try and wing it you will come unstuck. Follow the instructions and its a breeze. Each radiator valve takes a minute or so to change and if you have the standard wiring block there isn't any rewiring. All I had to do was unclip the old controller unit and clip in the new one - if you have a different wiring block you will need to wire in the new block but it shouldn't be difficult in most cases. I left our old wall thermostat in place for now, provided its left at max setting it keeps the circuit open and doesn't interfere with Wiser. Obviously get an electrician unless you know what you are doing.
The radiator valves make a very brief brrrrp noise when they open/close but I haven't found it obtrusive, in fact I haven't noticed it since putting the system in and we have a valve in the bedroom where it would be most noticeable. Depends how sensitive you are to that sort of thing but they are certainly quieter than electric valves I have used in the past.
Not so Good
The App needs improvement. The scheduling is very good and easy to use but much of it is not intuitive. It appears to have been designed by a developer rather than a designer - for example there are several ways to accomplish the same thing which just complicates things.
My main complaint about the app is that it is clunky and not intuitive - hopefully this will improve with subsequent releases
We got a new router on Xmas eve and I had to put the new Wi-Fi access code into Wiser which was easy enough, however this required me to log out of my Wiser account and I couldn't remember my PW to log back in. I tried the PW reset several times which should have emailed me a temporary PW but didn't work. The system should have kept running the schedule but whilst the heating seemed to do so the hot water zone, which had been on constant (using the cylinder thermostat for control) turned itself off. So Xmas morning we had no hot water until I manually turned it on using the main controller. I eventually remembered my password but only after trying to get in a dozen times or more - I would have expected the security to lock down before so many attempts which is a security concern. Another security concern is that if multiple family members need access to the App they need to share account and password details - sharing accounts is never a good idea and needs fixing.
All in all its a great system.
I downloaded the full user and installation guides from the internet while awaiting delivery - recommend doing this to aquaint yourself with the product.
It was easy for me to mount the hub and connect up to to existing wiring centre.It was then also very straightforward to link my smartphone to the hub once the app had been dowloaded and installed.
The system works perfectly - there are enough options to allow a wide variety of desired heating and hot water plans. I am pretty tech savvy, but my wife is certainly not, but we both operate the system readily in our individual ways.
The electric radiator valves actually seem to work better than the TR4 valves they replace. I think this is because the valves are fully on (open) until room is warm enough, then fully off. So no time while the valve gradually closes by heating as per my old valves - creating a longer time to bring the room to heat while the last few degrees are warmed by a gradually closing valve.
I have no hesitatation in recommending this product - it works very well, is keenly priced ( cf Nest, Hive etc), easy and clear to control, needs no additional house wiring ( eg no room thermostat wiring).
Disappointed with system as without spending extra on range extender the system does not work and this was not made clear to me.
* Fine tuned heat control for rooms.
* Easy to install and get started.
*Remote access to turning heating on or off.
* Will not save you money if you ran your heating on a schedule anyway.
* You need to budget for at least 2 range extenders or you won't get signal to all thermostats. They refuse to give these for free now as they made a change recently and started charging. So add £80 to your price.
* No way to refresh temp reported by radiator thermostats without killing app and restarting. So often temp might fall below what you set but boiler won't kick in as you are not in app to restart it.
* App is not intuitive and the wall thermostat provided only controls one room. So this locks out elderly relatives or any children in house from being able to control temp.
* Wiser's central team can log into your system and control your heating without needing any passwords etc from you. Big security hole as I'm sure a hacker could too!