- Hardcover: 264 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 2nd Revised edition edition (19 Jan. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470435488
- ISBN-13: 978-0470435489
- Product Dimensions: 22.6 x 1.9 x 28.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,026,450 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Drawing Shortcuts: Developing Quick Drawing Skills Using Today's Technology Hardcover – 19 Jan 2010
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Given the impact that technology has had to face with design, the second edition of this fascinating book focuses on the implementation of the illustrations of the urban landscape all the while blending the traditional hand drawing with the more contemporary digital techniques." ( Tango Reporter, August 2010)
"Architect, Urban Planner, and professional illustrator Jim Leggitt brings the information he teaches in his drawing workshops to the pages of this colorful text. A second edition of a 2002 book, this version has been revised to integrate "today′s technology," specifically in the form of Google Sketchup, presenting a drawing approach that merges hand–drawing techniques with digital technology." (Landscape Architecture, July 2010)
"Drawing Shortcuts, Second Edition, is a timely reference tool at a time when technology – for all its advantages has contributed to an increased atrophy of freehand drawing skills among design students and professionals." (ChicagoArchitectureToday.com, June 2010)
"Written for students and professionals in the building and landscaping arts, Drawing Shortcuts has numerous tips that will help today′s busy professional speed up the drawing process without sacrificing creativity. Author Jim Leggit′s processes combine computer technology with the more emotion–based, traditional, hand techniques to produce work worthy for presentations. Rather than take years to learn the shortcuts, this book allows readers to quickly stimulate spaces that tell a story." (San Francisco Book Review, March 28, 2010)
From the Back Cover
Create top–quality drawings faster and more effectively
This book is about putting your design ideas on paper for others to enjoy. Recent developments in computer rendering technology have put amazing new tools in the hands of designers. But for communicating emotion and character, there is simply no replacement for good old–fashioned hand drawing. Jim Leggitt′s Drawing Shortcuts gives you an ingeniously simple drawing approach that joins traditional hand–drawing techniques with the latest 2–D and 3–D digital technology.
In this new edition of his popular book, architect and teacher Jim Leggitt, FAIA, introduces you to the fundamentals of drawing such as drawing types, media options, composition, color, shading, hatching, and perspective and then explains how to incorporate the most current digital technologies into your work.
The book′s step–by–step approach helps you:
- Sharpen and streamline your visualization technique using the "overlay and trace," "simple and advanced composition," and "digital hybrid drawings" methods
- Absorb the lessons through detailed process drawings, carefully chosen examples, and more than 500 full–color images
- Create amazing images combining your own hand drawings with 3–D computer views made with Google® SketchUp, Google® Earth, and other powerful programs
- Master "Tradigital Drawing," which merges traditional hand–drawing technique with digital imaging
Whether you draw for pleasure or professionally, let Drawing Shortcuts, Second Edition show you how to utilize technology on your own terms and communicate your designs with a timeless magic that′s all your own.
JIM LEGGITT, FAIA, is an architect, urban planner, and professional illustrator who has been practicing for over thirty years. Jim offers drawing workshops and is a frequent speaker at universities and national, regional, and local events where he has taught over 5,000 architects, designers, and students.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics