- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Drawing and Designing with Confidence: A Step-by-step Guide (Architecture) Hardcover – 19 Jul 1993
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
The highly successful "Loose with Graphics" coursenow available in book form for the first time! Mike Lin, ASLA Drawing and Designing with Confidence A Step–By–Step Guide Now, at a fraction of the cost of attending one of Mike Lin’s enormously popular graphic workshops, you can learn his uniquely successful drawing and designing techniques. In a short time, you will find your rendering and designing skills greatly improved, as you work quickly, confidently and effectively using Lin’s well–known "45 Principles of Good Graphics" and "Six Design Approaches." The book covers all aspects of design, graphic principles, media, types of drawings, lettering, entourage, sketching and perspective drawing techniques, and contains a wealth of rapidly absorbed information on:
- achieving a relaxed approach to drawing that uncovers your buried artistic skills
- the 45 fundamentals of good graphics, with common mistakes to avoid
- using 47 rendering techniques and types to their full advantage
- developing skills in pencil and marker lettering
- enhancing entourage techniques in people, vegetation, cars and furniture to create interest and realism
- quick and simple methods in one and two–point perspective drawing
- foolproof sketching methods
- a comprehensive design process with six design approaches and 23 design principles.
About the Author
About the Author Mike W. Lin, ASLA, is a recognized leader in architectural rendering methodology. He is the founder and director of the Mike Lin Graphic Workshop in Manhattan, Kansas, which has travelled to more than one hundred universities and many cities around the world under the sponsorship of many universities, and the AIA, ASLA, ASID, ALCA and other professional organizations. Mr. Lin holds both architecture and landscape architecture degrees and was formerly a professor at Kansas State University. He is the author of the bestselling Architectural Rendering Techniques: A Color Reference.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
visualise your ideas through drawing
Recommended it to a friend
am sure she loves it
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Graphic Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Engineering Graphics & Technical Drawing
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Engineering Skills & Design