on 7 April 2017
Excellent! I am 55 and thought I would never be able to draw. I believed people were either born with the ability or not and i wasn't! But now i can see that with some practice i will be able to draw something. I may never be Van Gogh but I will be able to draw a reasonable representation of what I see. Thank you!!
on 4 October 2012
Thank you so much for this straightforward helpful guide -- love that no text is wasted on what materials to use etc & the rudiments of drawing are outlined immediately --- there are many visual examples given (most drawing books are too much text & not enough examples !) -- i have enjoyed drawing for many years & feel this book is ideal for beginners & experienced sketchers alike as the handy hints here may open us to different ways of approaching our art ----- in thanks & appreciation to the author Kate Berry :)
on 26 July 2013
If you are longing to draw but scared to try, then this friendly little book will get you started. It is short and simple but packed with ways to start drawing. The tone is very openly friendly and does not use technical terms. You are not told to get any particular materials, just paper and pencil and a rubber. Anyone starting out will find this useful.
on 18 April 2013
Easy to follow examples, you get straight into drawing no what tools you need just good ways to get you started.

No other book I have read gets you started so quickly
on 11 June 2013
Not a lot to this one, but it is what it is, I liked the look of this for my grand-daughter and its perfect - I would say ideal for anyone just starting out on drawing and needing a bit of confidence and guidance.
on 6 April 2014
a simple idea for drawing which moist people do anyway. Its just like reading the first chapter of any good drawing book. Cube, circles and cones ect!
on 7 March 2013
I like it, it is good but basic very good for beginners clear instruction and good drawings to follow to achieve results.
on 3 March 2014
Drawing outlines in the right proportion is the starting point for anybody who is interesting in drawing or painting. This book provides a handy set of guidelines for drawing outlines which I find useful.
on 8 November 2013
Having not drawn since school this helped me to develop in confidence. I would recommend it to anyone starting out who may have an hidden talent
on 25 January 2014
Rated only a two but found helpful as an introduction and beginning. For those starting out I would recommend starting out from here.