Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Size: 12 Pieces|Change

on 19 November 2012
I bought these spanners as I am currently clearing out an accumulation of around 40 years of tools and need to get rid of the old and in with the new, flayed knuckles are not an attractive sight!!

I bought these on a recommendation from a car magazine review, (can't recall what one) but I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with them. Not as swan neck ring spanners, they will do the job required of them but the finish on the chrome is far from perfect. They have a number of pits and pockmarks on the chrome work, the chances are that in time they will start to peel from these areas possibly presenting razor sharp slivers of chrome.

I have been very selective about the tools that I have been buying to replace my old well worn ones, paying a little bit extra to ensure that I am buying high quality tools, unfortunately this set has disappointed especially as it was not the cheapest set available my a margin, coming from such an established outfit as Draper these spanners do not represent great value.
on 20 June 2011
These are similar in quality to the Halfords Pro Spanner set and will certainly satisfy the needs of any user, DIY or professional.

This set is simlarly priced to the Halfords equivalent and have the advantage of the 16mm and 22mm being included in the set.

Autoexpress gave this set a Best Buy rating in March this year. Autoexpress as ever, quote the purchase price at a price I can never seem to find.

Amazon, at the time of purchase, was the cheapest I found with the delivery cost taken into account.

Like most of the Expert range from Draper, you can't go wrong.
on 28 February 2013
A very comprehensive, good quality set at a very reasonable price, seeing as how offset ring spanners are so expensive generally.

The plastic rack mounting lets it down. The spanners come out of it too easily and are easily accidentally dislodged. There are some quite big spanners in the set and the the rack makes the whole thing too bulky for the average toolbox and, even if you could fit it in, you will probably end up with the spanners swilling about all over the place anyway. The rack is really only suitable for wall mounting, not for carrying them about in securely.

I've had to buy a suitable tool roll for them and this helps protect them, makes the set portable, more compact and fits in the tool box.

So I've awarded 4* not 5, but there is nothing the matter with the actual spanners.
on 1 January 2015
Cannot argue at the value for money. (I don't think I bought them for the price they are now advertised at)

I bought these as a back up set to my main toolset, also to take 2 or 3 on my motorcycle for a small toolkit.

Seems good quality. Happy with what I got for the money I paid. (Edited to say that they have jumped up in price since I bought them)
on 22 February 2017
Ok for basic work. Not for heavy/professional use. The multi hex look like they're about to round off at any minute.
on 30 April 2013
Used these today to swap over the front springs on my car and they worked like a dream, The 18mm spanner was long enough to get a good grip on and was heavy and thick enough for me to happily put allot of pressure on to release some stuck on bolts. The depth of the neck was sufficient to fit inside the strut to loosen the bolt in there.

Overall I'm happy with this set of spanners.
on 5 September 2014
When these arrived i was unhappy with the finish. 4 of the spanners had missing or flaking chrome and the 2 of the small spanners were not forgewd correctly. it looked like the teeth did not go the entire length through the ring, if that makes sense. Anyway i sent them back and ordered a set of KS tools ones, they were much better.
on 19 January 2016
Good quality spanners.
This set has proven to be very useful and able to cope with everything that I have used it for.
on 8 June 2013
I bought this set plus the (missing) 18mm and a 24mm (items 67701 & 67706, also reviewed).
The spanners in this set are of a slightly different design, being partially offset and unfortunately not quite as high a quality.
Nevertheless, a good set for the price.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2015
Good quality tools, really we'll built and I have used on numerous occasions! The plastic holders a bit rubbish, but I just put them all in my toolbox..

See one answered question